Ch. 28

*Krista*

I pulled my jacked tightly on my body as we all marched up the hill at the field where they were having fireworks. There were little venders selling sparklers, hot dogs, nachos, cotton candy, hamburgers, and large light up light sabers.

"Mum! Can I get a light saber?" Adrian begged.

"I'll buy it, Mrs. Howell." I said. "Come on Adrian." I said.

Before Dan's mom could reply, I was racing Adrian to the small tent. I pulled out my wallet and gave the man money, and grabbed two of the toys and started the walk back.

"Hey Adrian?" I whispered. "Let's sneak up on Dan and attack him."

We both laughed and walked around the base of the hill so that we were behind the chairs and blanket. We snuck up the hill like stealthy ninjas and I whacked Dan on the head.

"What the fuck?" Dan said as Adrian and I whacked him repeatedly.

"Dan, don't swear." Mrs. Howell said as Mr. Howell and Phil laughed at us.

"I surrender! I surrender!" Dan shouted. We stopped hitting him and he picked me up and swung me around.

"I bet you think that was clever." Dan said.

"Kind of, yes." I answered.

We heard a loud bang in the sky and I saw a pink firework fizzle out. I sat down on the blanket between Dan and Phil to watch.

After a while, a park manager stood in front of the crowd and shouted, "30 Seconds to midnight."

We all started the count down and Dan pulled out his phone.

"3..2..1.. HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone shouted. Dan wrapped an arm around me and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and I heard cameras snap.

Mrs Howell had taken a picture of us. I didn't even worry about how I looked. I was just happy.

*****************

310 Words

Battle Scars (a Dan Howell Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें