The Ex Factor

Michael

Finally, we were settled in after traveling. I know I had business I needed to attend to and get my lawyers on the phone, but Jasmine's welfare comes first. I had to give her the tour of the house so she'd be aware of everything on those occasions I'd be away from home. But I think we needed food first because the three hour flight has me starved. I glanced over at her as we slowly walked in unison. Her smiled glowed as she looked at everything in the house for the first time. I saw such an amazement on her face. It was an appreciative smile and I could sense that she'd love it here once she's been here for a few weeks. I had huge plans for her especially when it came to Bad Records, I hope she can accept the job offer, but I'll ask her much later. As we continued walking through the corridor I introduced her to the staff members that were present. I instructed them to cater to the needs that she has,and that she's not to want for anything. She glanced over at me with a disapproving look shaking her head, but I meant this and I wouldn't budge on that. She had to be comfortable and this is the job choice my employees made so I expected them to follow through within the requirements of their position. I'll later explain to Jasmine that I wasn't demeaning them, because my employee's are like family, and I wouldn't mistreat anyone. Lunch was set up out at the back of the house in the large gazebo. It was special made just for occasions like these and today was beautiful enough for us to enjoy this moment for the first time. I took her hand in mine and we walked down the stone steps, and down the multi-color brick path until we reached the steps of the Gazebo. She entered first and I followed just at the heel of her feet. After pulling her chair out and she sat down comfortably, I sat opposite of her on the other side of the table.

" We can handle it from here." I nodded with a smile speaking to my employee Rosalyn.

Jasmine looked up at me with her huge eyes and she glanced over at Rosalyn as she smiled and nodded leaving the gazebo.

" Are you all right, Jasmine?" I only ask because of the way her eyes flickered when I spoke to Rosalyn.

" I am, but I'm not use to any of this. They shouldn't wait on me hand and foot." she says using the pump on the hand sanitizer massaging the clear liquid in her hands. Once she was complete she took her napkin sitting it on her lap.

"And I assure you Jasmine, I don't have my employee's doing anything that's not in their job description. I care for each and everyone of them. I'm not one of those type of bosses that looks down upon people. Jasmine, I can assure you that all ten employee's here are treated with dignity and respect." I exclaim and she smiles slightly.

" I'm overreacting, huh?" She shrugs her shoulders.

" A little. But I swear it's attractive." I grinned staring at her. "So how does it feel to be here?"

"It feels odd. You have real palm trees, Michael!!" She said with so much excitement in her voice as she smiled. "I've only seen them in the movies. It's so beautiful here."

" It's so much more to see and I can't wait to show you around." I say rubbing in the hand sanitizer in my hand and afterwards I began filling my plate with food.

" You seem so calm now. Are you still worried about your father and your company?"

She cared which was all the hope I needed for us.

" My father is a strong man, and he's wanted the company for quite a while now. He's had issues with money, and damn near lost all that he and my mother built. I can handle him, but it's irritating. I don't want you worried about that. You're here to start anew." I say promptly taking a bite of my bacon.

" I'm nervous especially about you helping me with my career. Are you sure that your friend or is it friend's, will help me?" She says with a little hesitation in her voice.