THE NEW NEIGHBOR

CHAPTER 1 - THE NEW NEIGHBOR

"Come downstairs." Shouted my mother. I groaned and walked down the stairs to find her in the kitchen. The sweet smell of chocolate filled my nose when I entered the room. I couldn't help but shimmy my way to the pan of gooey goodness. I took a mouthful of the warm brownie that melted into my mouth. There was a burst of chocolate chunks throughout each bite.

Ahh brownies one of my special treats, so yummy. There's a party in my tummy so yummy, so yummy...

"Ice!!" my mom called for me cutting my song off in my head. I turned away from the gooey goodness in my hand to glare at my mother.

"Those are for the new neighbors. You shouldn't be eating them! I want to make a good first impression" She said

"Well don't leave the plate out in front of me If you don't expect me to not have one. Plus, why do I even have to go? It's not like I need to impress anyone." I said

My mother gave me a look that dug into my soul a bit. I knew I upset her.

"I just don't see the point in meeting the new neighbors. What if they're serial killers? I don't want a part of that. Why do I have to go?"

"Because that's what new neighbors do. You can't assume that either, you haven't met them yet. Plus, they have a cute boy around your age.' She said that with a wink. My mouth dropped while I watched her grab the plate of brownies. Did she really just wink at me?

"Go change your clothes, we don't want them thinking anything bad of us."

I groaned looking down at my outfit, there's nothing wrong with it. My black skinny jeans clung to my muscular legs and curved around my nice bottom. My band shirt was tight but still boxy. I still stomped my way up the stairs to go change for my mother's sake.

I went to the nicer clothes in my closet. The jeans I have are fine and show my legs off nicely. I grabbed a bright white V-neck. I pulled my dark black hair into a high bun. My olive skin looked radiant bouncing back from the mirror hanging off the door. I knew my mom was waiting so I hurried down the stairs grabbing my charcoal grey peacoat and orange sneakers.

I saw my mom waiting in the car while I shut our beautiful teal door. I jumped into the passenger side a bit confused.

"Why are we taking the car if we are only going a few house down?" I asked.

"Well it's really cold outside and I don't want to walk." She said.

I'm still unsure of how I am her daughter sometimes because, I am nowhere near lazy. I only agreed otherwise we'd be arguing for an hour.

We drive 4 houses down and pull in front of a house that looked very similar to ours. The only difference was that their door was bright cherry red. I walked up the rocky pathway and notice flowers were planted along the walkway.

My mom knocked on the door and a lady with big piercing brown eyes answered. Her chocolate hair fell just past her shoulders. She had a sweet smile. She was wearing just a blue chambray dress but she still made it look gorgeous.

"Hello?" she asked still smiling but with confusion now showing in her eyebrows.

"Uh hi, I'm Lisa Brown. I'm your neighbor a couple houses down. I thought we should stop by and bring you guys welcoming gift." My mom said

"Oh, thank you come on in. I'm Julie by the way." She opened the door wider for us to come in.

As soon as I saw the inside of the house my eyes popped out of my head. The house was amazing. I thought the house would look almost like ours since we live in a suburb. I was completely wrong this house is more modern. There was cark cherry wood wrapping around each room. The white furniture bounced against the floor. I was in love with this house.