«

"Vanessa lunch!" he screamed basically at the top of his lungs.I rush down the stairs hoping i don't slip,because that won't be pretty.

"what's for lunch dadio?"

"Chili made from nona's secret recipe."

"Really dude again."

"Don't get sassy with me 'daughter' I'm not your dude."He says as he sets the plate of chili down in front of me

"Quick question,why chili for lunch?"I asked him just to piss him off.He gave me a dirty look before returning to the sink to finish the dishes.

I was mid-bite before Ryder walked in through the back door.

"Hey Ryder what are you doing home so early?"my dad asks from behind the sink.

"Um,i got suspended today."Ryder says as he tries to walk off as quickly as possible.

"Wait you what?"I asked while i put down my spoon full of chili shocked by words that just came out of his mouth.

"The real question is,"He paused for a moment turning around from where is was on the stairs, "why are you not in school today Nessa?"

I stopped for a moment looking for words.

"D-don't try and change the subject Scanlon,Why did you get suspended?"I retorted back at him.

"For smoking pot..." he says in a quiet voice

I could've barley heard him myself

"what was that?" My dad asked as he walked closer to Ryder and I.

"I got suspended for smoking pot."Ryder says as he cringes.

"It better be one of these pots."my dad says as he holds up a pot he uses to make sauce

"oh my god."Ryder says out of breath.

"Gotta go!!!"I say before I walk out of the kitchen very quickly and into my room before they start yelling.

I was in my room for a couple of hours before it was safe to come back downstairs again.I decided to stay up in my room just incase another argument broke out.

I forced myself out of bed when it turned dark out though to go talk to Ryder.When I found out he wasn't in his room I kew exactly where he was,the roof.I climbed onto the roof and sat next to the lanky boy with the messy hair and the stripped robe made for 10 year olds.

"Hey,how you holding up Scanlon?"I asked him while nudging him with my elbow.

"Um not so good."He chuckled"I got suspended,all my friends hate me and Holly broke up with me so thats great huh."He said sarcastically.

"Holly broke up with you?!Why would she do that?"

"Because she said i'm a loser with a drug problem."He scoffed and laid down on the roof

"But you only smoked it once,right you only smoked it once.?"I asked him worried that he smoked more than once.

"Yes Longo only once,But our relationship was bound to end really."He stated as he sat up again

"What you mean?"I chuckled slightly

"She was too controlling and she acts like my mom it just got annoying."He explained

"Well,if you ever need anything you know where i am."I said as i began to get up.Ryder grabbed and wrist and said "Please,just stay with me, I like talking to you."His words made my stomach jump.

"well,I guess i could stay for a little while longer."I answered him while sitting back down next to him.He put his arm around me which made me jump a little.He was warm,very warm.I laid my head on his shoulder,but then i picked it back up incase he felt uncomfortable.

"Oh are you uncomfortable?"He said as he pulled his arm away from around me.

"No i just thought you were uncomfortable."I said while scooting closer to him.

Ryder pushed his face closer to mine with the only thing separating our lips from colliding was our noses.He pressed his pink plump lips against mine.They were soft,so incredibly soft.It started out soft and slow,then it turned into a full on make out session.I pulled away from the kiss "Maybe we shouldn't have a make out session on the roof where Mrs.Geller can look out her window and see us."I joked

"Ah,true true."He responded as we both started to get up and climb off the roof.

"Well,I should get to bed because i actually have to go somewhere tomorrow,unlike you Scanlon."I joked

"Well i actually have a meeting tomorrow with the principle,"He joked "But,Goodnight Vanessa."Ryder he spoke,he turned around walking to his room.His head hung low but he failed at hiding his huge smile that made his eyes crinkle.

A/N: this is like really bad lmao ok excuse the bad writing