Chapter 22

Faith

We got to my parents house and I practically ran to the door. "Slow down!" Tim said taking hold of my hand. "Sorry." We get to the door and he knocks. "Momma!" I said as she opened the door. "Faith!" She pulls me in for a hug. "Mom this is my boyfriend Tim." "It's nice to finally meet you." she said hugging him. "Come on in, your father is inside." We walked in to see Daddy on the couch. "Hey princess!" he said getting up. "Daddy!" I said "This is Tim." "Nice to meet you sir." Tim said shaking his hand. I went into the kitchen with Momma as Tim stayed with my father.

Tim

"So Tim do you like sports?" Her father asked me. "Yes sir. I played football and baseball." "My boys played football." It was a little awkward. "So Faith really loves you or at least Edna says." "Well sir I love her too. I would actually love to marry her and start a family one day." "So is that what spontaneously brought this trip on? After Nick passes we couldn't get her to leave the house." "It is on my part. I don't believe it's right to marry a woman without her father's blessing." "Do you really love her?" he seriously asked looking me in the eye. "With all my heart. I won't be happy unless she has everything that she needs." "Then please take care of my daughter. Let us know where we need to be." "Thank you sir." I said actually hugging him. I get up to see what Faith and her mom were up to. "So Tim's a great cook mom." Faith said. "Oh really? What is your specialty?" her mom asked. "Italian. But I do make a mean Chicken n' Dumplings." "Well that is actually what I am making! Would you be willing to show me your recipe?" "Of course." I follow her into the kitchen as Faith joined her father on the couch. I wash my hands then join Edna at the counter. "She really likes you." Edna said. "I really like her too. Everything makes perfect sense with her." "I never thought that Nick and her would work. He was a career soldier and he wouldn't have been able to leave it behind." I was speechless. "I really want children. Like when I look at Faith, I see her having our children and it is the most amazing thing." I saw a huge smile on her face and we got the food cooking then went into the living room.