18. Persuasion

I'm almost through with this story. There is only two more chapters but there is a sequel that I'm working on know. It doesn't have a name, but it is part two of Melonie's journey. I"ve been calling it ET2. I'm glad that people are continuing to read my story and I hope that you enjoy it. I'd love your feedback in comments and vote if you like it. Thanks

J.S. Walker

I decided not to bring up Ro’Ton until Saturday. I figured I was already in enough trouble, so why push it. On Saturday Meco, Jason and I piled into Jason’s Mustang and drove to Las Vegas. I didn’t know how this was going to go, but I bet it wasn’t going to go my way.

We made it to the CHEH before noon. We all walked inside and told Rogue that we wanted to set up a meeting with the courtees and my dad. He looked skeptical, but he went anyway. Ten minutes later, I was sitting in front of five courtees and my dad. They all looked confused and worried. I stood up and walked towards them. I needed to distance myself from Jason and Meco. They didn’t need to go down with me.

I took a deep breath and smiled.

“I called you all here to discuss something that has been brought to my attention,” I stated. I was standing up straight and talking with poise. I wanted them to know I meant business.

“Continue,” my dad said nodding. I took a slight breath and continued.

“Meco recently visited Rice from Ro’Ton, and came back with some interesting information. Meco and Rice think I’m a Tylan,” I stated, but not so strongly this time. All the looks in the room turned from confusion to serious doubt.

“Melonie, there was only one Tylan in history, and we barely have information about him. Rice is a very good source, but I doubt that you’re one of these Tylans,” my dad sighed. I could see he didn’t like to disappoint me.

“Why is it hard for you to believe that I’m a supreme being?” I asked a little pissed at the looks I was receiving.

“Because you’re a girl,” Georghe Miller said. I rolled my eyes at him.

“What the he—,” I started.

“Melonie,” my dad said sternly. It was rude to curse in front of authority.

“What does that have to do with anything?” I asked with a hint of anger in my voice since my words couldn’t express it.

“There is no record of a Tylan being a woman. A Tylan is a strong man,” Georghe smirked. I was seriously ready to watch bits and pieces of his head flying everywhere.

“You just said that you only have one record of the Tylan. Just because he was a man doesn’t mean there can’t be a woman!” By the time I’d finished my statement, my voice had risen and octave.

I was staring at Georghe Miller intently and he was glaring back. There was something about him that I just didn’t like.

“Melonie, what is it that you’re getting at?” my dad said interrupting the staring match.

“I want to go to Ro’Ton with Meco, so I can speak to Rice and go on an Inga,” I said with all the strength in my body. I had to stand my ground.

“That’s out of the question!” I heard a voice behind my dad roar. I whipped my head around and Georghe Miller was staring a hole into my body. He had steam coming out of his head and his face was red with fury.

“This is what I was talking about my Lord. She’s obviously not mentally equipped to run Heirion. She doesn’t make good decisions. Just look at what danger she put herself and the woman she’s staying with, in. Now, she wants to risk going across the universe to meet an elder that’s going to tell her the same thing we just told her. She refuses to cooperate with us, and if she doesn’t start cooperating, she’s going to put all of us in danger!”