Chapter Two: Squid, please...

Squid's POV
I sat on my couch, watching a Disney film called Oliver and Company. It looked amazing and the opening song was so sad! I loved it already. I did feel empty since Nicole wasn't beside me and drawing something, and that pained me...
-Flashback as a commercial comes on-
"David, we need to talk." The words every person in a relationship dreaded to hear rang in my ears. I turned around, seeing Nicole. She looked upset about something.
"Yes Nicole?" I asked, pausing the movie I was watching on Netflix.
"I'm sorry." Two simple words... That's all I needed as tears filled my eyes.
"Huh?"
"We're through." With that, she walked out. She had Ollie and Church, along with all her belongings somehow, in her car and drove of.
-End on flashback-
I snapped out of it when I heard the movie return. I saw the cat, who was obviously Oliver hence the name of the movie, dance which made me smile a bit. Count on Disney to make me smile when I'm feeling like I never would again. Wait... Y/N! She made me smile a few times! Heck, she saved my life! I want to call her, but I don't know. I mean, what if we end up like Nicole and I? I fell for her, I'll admit. I'd call Stamps and ask him but he's been ignoring me for Squaishy recently. (If I spelled her name wrong, I don't apologize because I don't care. I HATE her. Not sorry whatsoever.)
A ring filled the room and I stared at my phone. She was calling.
YOUR POV
"Who is this?" Brooks growled, shoving me to the floor as he showed me Squiddy's contact. "Have you been cheating on me?"
"No," I whispered. He's cheated on me several times, but I wasn't going to say a word.
Brooks held the phone and pressed the call button, putting it in speaker.
"Hey Y/N!" Squid's voice cheered after about three rings.
"Who are you?" Brooks growled, picking me up and putting his hand over my mouth.
"Uh.. I'm David, Y/N's new friend. Are you her... Boyfriend?"
"Yes and I don't appreciate you hanging out with her. Stay away, got it?" Before Squid said anything, the phone was thrown on the bed. "Why did you cheat?"
"I didn't cheat on you," I mumbled as he let me go. He pushed me down, dragging his nails down my back. I winced as he got up and walked to the closet. What have I done to deserve this? I've done nothing that bad.... Besides accidentally overfeeding my pet goldfish that one time but I was eight! Brooks came back and made me bend over. He would only hit me, luckily, although it was often for him to... You know...
Squid... Save me please!