At Least We Stole the Show

Joe held his drum sticks in his hand, nodding along to what his manager, Jordan, was telling him.

"Now Joe, this is gonna be a very important step in your career, make sure that you put you're all in it and play your heart out." Jordan said to him, giving him a reassuring smile. "I know you can do this."

"Jordan don't worry about it, I won't let you down dude." Joe said, twirling one of his drumsticks. Jordan rolled his eyes at him.

"As if you could let me down." He said.

"I seem to remember a certain Mr. Boss-man being disappointed after we lost to Stefani and her manager Seamus in dodge ball." Joe said, smirking a little at Jordan's deadpan look before it crumpled into mock sadness.

"We could have beat them! Seamus still holds that over me." He whined.

"Awe, did Seamus hurt your feelings?" Joe chuckled as Jordan pouted at him.

"It's not my fault you're a terrible teammate." He proclaimed. Jordan then looked down at his watch, eyes widening slightly. "Hot diggity dog, we're gonna be late."

The two walked to Jordan's car, Jordan obviously driving while Joe got into the passenger seat, twirling a drumstick nervously. Jordan looked over and could practically feel the nervousness pouring off of Joe.

"Don't worry to much about it. You've met the guys and you've worked with them before." He told him.

"Yeah but dude, have you seen their bassist?" Joe asked, stressing on the word 'seen'.

"Spencer? Yeah I have, I've talked to him a few times when he did a song with Stefani." Jordan said, looking at Joe from the corner of his eye. "What about him?"

"You've seen him and you're asking me that question? He's cute as fuck!" Joe said, cheeks flushing.

"Awe does my little chick have a crush?" Jordan said, bringing a hand up and pretending to wipe tears from his eyes. "They grow up so fast, soon you'll leave the nest and Dan and I will have to get another one."

Joe rolled his eyes at Jordan's theatrics. "You guys are getting rid of me that easily. I like our record company."

____________________________________________-

"This is the place." Jordan said, pulling up to a small building where the band chose to practice. Joe stared out the window, biting his lip gently. "Come on lover boy, don't get your feathers in a twist." Jordan said, appearing at Joe's door and opening it for it. Joe jumped slightly, not even noticing when Jordan had gotten out of the car.

"Excuse you but my feathers are perfectly groomed." Joe said, playing along while getting out of the car. The two walked the short distance across the parking lot and into the building. Instantly Joe saw the familiar orange and black color. Painted on the middle of the wall in the main entrance was the 'Wendy's Creatures' logo. It was a zombie squirrel with these weird things called 'Creature Carl,' the mascot of the recording company they all worked under.

"Aleks I swear to god!" Jordan and Joe heard coming from one of the rooms in the back. Joe smiled and the two began to walk to the noise.

"James shut up!" Aleks said, playing with his bass.

"If you weren't such a shit I wouldn't have to get onto you." James huffed, picking up his guitar and checking to make sure it was in tune.

"How long until they notice us?" Joe whispered to Jordan. The two were standing at the door, both leaning on the frame of it.

"Probably in a second." Jordan said, glancing around for Spencer and Dex. Joe continued to watch them as Aleks and James had apparently no clue they were there. Aleks set his bass down on the guitar stand and Joe smirked.