7 - Happily Ever After?

Before you read on, please listen to this! 

If you are reading this story, thank you so much. It means a lot to me. I want to be an author as my job, so I need all the support I can get.

Also, I'm really sorry for all the slow updates! It's been pretty difficult to write lately, so please be patient.

Now, what you've all been {paitiently} waiting for, CHAPTER SEVEN YAYYY!

Ashlyn’s POV:

The boys have been quiet for a long time now and I’m really worried. Niall and Roni are chipper like usual—frolicking around like the world is made of rainbows and puppy dogs.

Only if they knew.

Once I had gotten too irritated with the burning silence, I went to my room. As soon as I was inside, I closed the door with a huff, looking around. My eyes landed on my iPod, as it screamed my name to come over and play music.

I give in and run over to pick it up. While I scroll down, I think of the song I want to listen to. Finally, I found a He Is We song and press play, a smile already playing on my lips.

[A/N: song on the side!]

Let me riddle you a ditty

It’s just an itty bitty little thing on my mind.

About a boy and a girl

Tryna take on the world one kiss at a time.

Now the funny thing about it,

Ain’t a story without it,

But the story is mine.

And I wish I could say,

That it ended just fine…

I chuckled at the last line, knowing that feeling exactly. I began lip-syncing and dancing around my room.

We all wanna know,

How it ends.

Oh happily ever after,

Wouldn’t you know?

Wouldn’t you know?

Oh skip to the ending

Who’d like to know?

I’d like to know.

Author of the moment,

Can you tell me?

Do I end up,

Do I end up happy?

Suddenly I wish I could belt out the words, but reality comes swooping in, the knowledge of the accident hitting me full force. I shake it off, not caring about that right now. As I continue to dance, I forget all my little problems, focusing solely on right now.

Inhale, breathe steady,

Exhale, like you’re ready,

If you’re ready or not.

Just a boy and a girl gonna take on the world,

And we wanna get caught.

In the middle of a very happy ending,

Let’s see what we’ve got.

Let’s give it a shot,

We all wanna know,

How it ends.

The chorus begins again, playing loudly from my speakers. I dance and spin around, not giving one single care about what could be happening around me, just getting lost in the lyrics.

Oh happily ever after,

Wouldn’t you know?

Wouldn’t you know?

Oh skip to the ending

Who’d like to know?

I’d like to know.

Author of the moment,

Can you tell me?

Do I end up,

Do I end up happy?

I skip over to my dresser, grabbing my sketch book and rip a blank page from it. Quickly scribbling down some simple words, I get tape, paste it on the wall, and change the song. “Just Give Me a Reason” by P!nk started playing, and I smiled gently.

But before I could continue with my awesome dancing and epic lip-syncing, I spotted a silhouette near my door. Turning fully around, I saw Zayn leaning on my doorframe, a smirk playing on his lips.

“Hello, love,” he said gruffly, looking right at me. I quieted the music, P!nk’s beautiful voice playing softly in the background. “And before you go and grab your whiteboard, yes, I did see your amazing dancing.” I blushed, warmth invading my cheeks as I look down. He walked closer to me, lifting my head up, his index finger supporting my chin. His touch left a burning path on my skin.

Zayn inched closer to me, hot breath fanning across my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. His eyes gently closed, mine fluttering afterwards. He attached his lips to mine, igniting something deep inside of me, bringing back a feeling I haven’t felt in a long time.

My heart pounded in my chest, sending lighting to our lips. The burning fire between us brightened the darkened emotions. Things poured out of him through the one kiss that I’ve never seen at once; anger, compassion, and something like jealousy.

Before things got too heated, we pulled away, him breathing hard and gasping for air, same as myself. Zayn stared into my eyes, the chocolate color mixing with an emotion so complex, yet so simple.

My face was flushed, but a smile still made it to my lips. Zayn’s eyes sparkled as he returned the gesture. He gave me another quick peck, flames still lighting up on my lips.

“Oh, and yes, you will,” he randomly said, his voice in a matter-of-fact tone. I tilt my head in confusion. He looks at the wall behind me, pointing towards it, and I turn around.

There, secured on the cement, is the page from the sketch book, my sloppy handwriting plastered on it. I recognized it from earlier, and I re-analyzed the words, smiling at what he meant when he said yes.

“Do I end up happy?”

---*---

So, this was actually a longer chapter. I'm happy with myself. I hope you guys liked it, because I did...a lot...what.

But yeah, there you have it!

i lurve yew guise.

.xx