A child needs a father; a son needs a father. Please Bethany?” I realise my voice has turned to begging, but I just don’t care anymore. I have no need for pride if I don’t have my son.

I know I have other children to worry about, but Deacon is my first born, and our future Alpha; it’s in his blood. It’s who he is!

I am a father and I will do anything in my power, fight anything and anybody for the safety and lives of my children.

Bethany pulls me from my internal monologue, “how- what- how would it work?”

I cringe at the prospect of putting her through a potentially painful and highly risky procedure for my grandchild and her in order to save my son, but I push past it, “we have a midwifery specialist within the pack who can perform the procedure… it would be along the lines of an amniocentesis.”

Bethany nods, “I’ll do it.”

No minute to think about it, no hesitation, just a decision… hopefully to save my son, the father of her unborn child.

After thanking Bethany, I send for Christian, the doctor and lead Bethany inside to our private medical room inside our house. We always kept it available in case of emergencies.

According to the pack doctor, Deacon has been placed in a medically induced coma to try keeping him stable, but he is still in a very serious condition, and unless this idea works, we may lose him.

 I hope to the heavens this works.

I have to save my son.

I just have to!

~*~

Bethany POV

I don’t hesitate to agree to this procedure; I know it could potential cause damage or danger to my son, but his daddy is on his death bed.

I have to do something.

I am the only person who can do anything; if I don’t do anything, we’ll all lose Deacon.

I am surrounded by Declan, his mum, his dad and Holden- Deacon’s dad, and some unknown red head girl who still has silent tears streaming down her face. I have no idea who she is, but right now my worries about her are at the back of my mind.

A stern faced man enters the clinical room, not stopping to talk to anybody; obviously on a mission!

I watch as a white computer like machine is pulled up beside the bed I am on, a heart monitor is strapped not only to me but around my bump, keeping an eye on us both, and a table on wheels with a silver tray… I refuse to look at it. I hate needles, and I know this procedure will include one… a very big one!

I stare at Declan instead; I don’t know why, but he seems to be the only thing keeping me calm right now. I stare into his eyes as he stares back at me.

“I’m sorry for snapping earlier,” He murmurs, “you can appreciate the situation we’re in right now… now that you know everything.”

I nod, “it’s ok Dec, and I would’ve been the same. We have to try anything to save Deacon right now. I’m only doing this for him and our baby. A child needs their father.”

He nods with a tight smile, “do you know the gender yet? I’m sure you’re 20 or so weeks by now?”

I nod and smile softly, staring down at my bump, “had the scan this morning; I’m 21 weeks as of yesterday. We’re having a boy.”