"Well, that is all very true. But anyway, we're changing that tonight missy. So, I was thinking I'd head over to your place around 8, and we can drive together."

Taylor was relieved Lily offered to drive with her. She hated showing up places by herself. "That sounds good. I have no idea what I'm supposed to wear though. Who else is going?" Taylor questioned.

Lily laughed. "Well, I can help you pick something out babe. Selena and her new boy are going, Ed and his girl are gonna meet us there later. Emma and Andrew said they were coming. Lena said she and Jack would be making an appearance. And I think that's about it."

"So, it's going to literally be all couples. And then me." Taylor said with a sigh.

"Well maybe we can change that tonight!" Lily said excitedly.

Taylor furrowed her eye brows. Why was Lily so excited? "What are you up to Lil?" Taylor asked her suspiciously.

"Nothing! Nothing! I just have a good feeling about tonight. And I'm totally coming over early to help you get dressed. So expect me closer to 7, and then we'll leave around 9."

"Lily..." Taylor said slowly, wanting to know what her friend was up to.

"Taylor..." Lily mocked in the same tone. "There's really nothing to worry about babe. I'll see you soon ok?"

"Ok." Taylor replied, unsure of her friend's motives. They exchanged goodbyes and ended the call. Glancing at the clock, Taylor decided to make herself something to eat before taking a shower.

Heading back to her closet, Taylor scanned through dress after dress to find something to wear. She soon heard her doorbell and was relieved Lily was here to help put her out of her misery.

Taylor ran down the stairs and greeted Lily with a hug. They headed back up to Taylor's room where Lily plopped herself onto the bed between the two sleeping cats. "Ok. Show me what you were thinking?" Lily said with a smile.

Taylor pulled out a red dress that had a deep cut out in the back, a navy blue dress with that went to her knees, and a gray dress with flowery patterns cut out across the mid-section and held them up for Lily.

Lily was trying to hide her smile and stifle her laugh. "Babe. Hard pass. On all of those. We want you to look hot tonight." Lily said as she got off the bed to rifle through Taylor's closet.

"Well I don't even know where we're going. What exactly would be appropriate?" Taylor huffed as she rolled her eyes.

Lily hummed to herself and went through Taylor's dresses, looking for the perfect outfit. "Oh, I think we have a winner!" Lily exclaimed as she pulled a lacey black dress out of the closet. "You are going to make the kiddies drool tonight. Here, put this on."

Taylor held up the dress and looked at it briefly before returning her stare to Lily. "Isn't this too much?"

"Nope. Put it on. I want to see how you look in it." Lily replied as she crossed her arms over her chest, daring Taylor to argue.

Taylor sighed and went into the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror and kept tugging at parts of the dress.

"Come on, I want to see you in that dress!" Lily shouted from the other side of the door.

Taylor took a deep breath and opened the bathroom door. Lily's jaw practically hit the floor. "You look hot!" Lily shouted, her eyes practically bulging out of her sockets. "You seriously look so good in that dress babe! Why have I never seen you in it before?" Lily questioned.

The dress was short, but not too short where Taylor would worry about anything accidentally being exposed. It had a cut out midsection with lace running over it so it was still covered, yet quite revealing. The lace sleeves ended just above her elbows. The dress really showed off her long legs and slim frame.

Taylor kept fidgeting with the dress. "It's a bit short for my liking. But it was sort of an impulse buy."

Walking over to Taylor, Lily grabs her hands. "Stop fidgeting. It's fine. You look great. I'm even a little turned on by how good you look right now."

"Oh yea? I wonder what Caleb would say if he knew I turned his wife into a switch hitter?" Taylor replied with a smile, wiggling her eye brows suggestively.

"He would be proud of me for my good taste in women." Lily countered. Shaking her head, she laughed. "Seriously. How are you still single? I will never understand it."

Wrapping her arm around Lily's shoulder, Taylor let out a sad laugh. "Haha. You and me both Lil. I guess I just have really bad luck when it comes to dating. I seem to attract the jealous/unstable types. Maybe I should just embrace my crazy cat lady life style and give up on relationships."

Lily shook her head and offered her friend a sad smile. "You can't look at it that way Taylor. You're a good person and you have such a big heart. You're open and honest with people. You trust them. And unfortunately, you've gotten hurt by that. That doesn't mean you should change who you are. Don't let them win."

Taylor smiled and rested her head on Lily's shoulder, thinking about what her friend had said. "You know, I've never actually liked anyone you've dated." Lily said quietly.

Taylor was more than a little shocked by this revelation. "What?" She questioned, picking her head up to look at her friend. "Why didn't you ever say anything? You know how much I value your opinion. It would have been nice to know you hated them all, seeing as you were right all along. How come you never said anything to me?"

Shrugging her shoulders, Lily sighed. "I guess I figured it wasn't really my place. You never really seemed to be yourself. It always seemed like you were the one making things work. But you kept telling me how happy you were. As long as you were happy, I was happy for you. But I never felt like they were right for you."

"Well that's nice." Taylor commented sarcastically.

"I'm sorry. I just, you're so smart and insightful when it comes to everyone else. I guess I thought you would be the one to figure it out. Every time things didn't work out, it sucked because I knew all along it wasn't going to work, but each time I hoped that I was wrong. I never wanted you to get hurt." Lily rested her head on Taylor's shoulder.

They sat there in silence, neither of them not knowing what to say. Taylor's hands found Lily's and she squeezed their hands together, smiling a little at her friend's confession.

"Well..." Taylor finally broke the silence. "You've always supported me, and I knew you were always there for me. That's what matters. But next time you get that feeling, could you let me know? You'd probably save me a lot of money in Kleenex and ice cream and my "post break up" junk food binges."

Lily smiled. "Fair enough. But I might cause you to miss out on writing a hit song." Lily and Taylor both laughed at the jest, Taylor nudging Lily's shoulder playfully.

"Alright. Let's work on your hair and makeup. We only have like an hour before we have to meet everyone at the club and you still have to get ready."

"As long as you guys don't try and play matchmaker for me tonight, I think we'll be ok. You guys try and be cupid when we got out and you get drunk and leave me hanging in the most uncomfortable situations ever." Taylor laughed a little, but was still serious.

Laughing, Lily holds her hands up. "Like I said, I just want you to be happy."

"I know. But just, no playing cupid tonight. I just want a nice night out with you guys."

"I think that can be arranged. Come on doll. We have to make you look even hotter than you already do. Then I won't have to set you up, you'll catch someone's eye all on your own tonight and meet the love of your life. Maybe you'll meet Prince Charming and get your happily ever after. Then I won't have to hear you talk about being a crazy cat lady." Lily replied, sticking her tongue out.

"Sure Lil. Because every great relationship comes from two strangers meeting in a bar/club. It's such a romantic story. I could write a song about it."

"Be pessimistic if you want, but you know what they say, you always find love where you least expect it." Lily replied, giving her friend a knowing smile.