Chapter 1

"Come on Taylor. You have to come out with us tonight. You haven't gone out with us in so long." Taylor sighed as she listened to her friend's exasperated pleas to get her to leave the house. "I don't really feel like going out much these days Lil."

"I know Taylor. But come on. It will be fun. You need a night out. We never get to see you anymore. You're always hiding behind your work and making excuses not to come out with us. We all miss you."

"I don't know. Bars and clubs aren't really my thing you know. And I'm just, I don't know." Taylor sighed, trying to find a way out of this phone call without hurting her friend's feelings.

"Come on babe. One night out with us. You know you'll have a good time." Lily begged through the phone.

Taylor paused for a moment, weighing her options; knowing full well her friend's persistency and stubbornness easily rivaled her own and the girl wouldn't let this go. "I won't take no for an answer."

Taylor smiled at Lily's persistency. She did want to see all her friends, and she could honestly use the distraction. It was just one night. Taylor finally relented. "Alright, I guess I'll go."

"Oh my gosh! You caved!!! I got you out of the house?! I'm inviting everyone. This is huge!" Lily screamed through the phone.

Taylor rolled her eyes and laughed at her friend's enthusiasm. "It hasn't been that long Lil. It's not that big of a deal."

"It's a huge deal! I haven't seen you in like a year!! Ok. So I may have exaggerated slightly. But still. I'm really glad you're coming out with us tonight babe. I wasn't kidding when I said we all miss you."

Taylor could hear the genuine tone in her friend's voice. It made her feel guilty about not going out with them as much and she realized how much she had been avoiding her friends lately. "I miss all you guys too. What time were you thinking?" Taylor questioned, knowing her friends well enough to know their nights out start late and end even later.

"Well I'm gonna call everyone else, see what they agree on. I'll call you back when I know more?"

Taylor rolled her eyes. Of course her friends didn't actually have plans. They were all such spontaneous people. "Sounds good Lil." Taylor said with a light laugh.

"Ok. I'll figure everything out and call you back. Talk to you soon babe."

"Bye Lil." Taylor hung up her phone. "Why did I agree to this? I have nothing to wear. I don't even know where we're going." Taylor said to herself as she walked over to the closet to try and find something suitable for the night. As much as she did miss spending time with her friends, she knew how wild they liked to get when they all got together for a night out. It also usually meant that her friends would try and set her up with strangers. Her drunken friends weren't very good at the whole set up/wingman thing.

Taylor grabbed a short royal blue dress with black and white stripes and held it up while she looked at herself in the mirror. "What do you guys think?" Taylor asked her two cats that were watching her from the bed. Meredith simply rolled over and resumed her nap, while Olivia tilted her head. "It's that bad huh Mere?" Taylor said with a laugh. She walked over to play with her cats while she waited for Lily to call her back.

Taylor was laying on her bed, in the middle of an episode of Friends when her phone rang. "What's up Lil?" Taylor asked, pausing her show.

"Ok. So. Everyone is super excited you're coming out with us tonight."

Taylor could hear her friend smiling through the phone. "Ok ok. I get it. I suck and I never go out with you anymore." Taylor smiled as she heard her friend laugh through the phone.