“Sweetie, you have another friend from school here to see you.” Yells my mother

“Okay, send her up. My door is open.” I say expecting Piper (my roommate from college)

I continue reading so I could finish the page I was on before Piper enters my room.

“Send ‘her’ up?” a deep voice asks.

I quickly snap my head up and found myself looking not at Piper but her brother. Her younger brother Hector, he seemed like a creepy guy with golden Blond hair and eyes that looked scary. One a light grey almost white looking and the other a really dark brown that almost looked black. I never really talked to him because I found him to be way too scary. Despite his scary face I would still say hello to him.  If I’d bump into him I would ask the simple questions, simple questions like how are you or where you off to. We never really had an ongoing conversation.

“Um Hi, Where’s Piper?” I ask while trying to distract myself with the book

“She is coming up now I just came to say hi. How are you?” he asked

“Fine, thanks for asking” I said realizing what I just did was rude. Since the bookshelf was right next to my bedside I put the book away.

“Hector, why did you leave me? Why did you even come with me? Don’t you have some where to be?” Piper asks from the doorway.

“I’m going now...I’ll see you later.” he tells Piper before turning back to me and surprising me with a hug.

Frozen in fear because of a hug, my first touch with someone else since I came back home. I stood there for what seem like hours until Piper decided to speak up. “How long are you going to hug her? Let go!” she yells.

He quickly releases me and leaves the room without a word. I laid back onto my bed surprise about what had just happened. Hector had never made body contact with me before I guess that was more a shock in its self. My head began to throb. I grabbed my head and felt it pound against my hands, before I could do anything else Piper went to my side.

“Scarlett what’s wrong?” she asked freaking out.

“Nothing my head just hurts.” I said.

Piper decided to do my hair, hoping it will make me feel better. I’m grateful to have a friend like Piper who continued to come see me after everything that happened. After spending some time with Piper she had left. The next day was a lazy day until I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

“Who is it?” I asked.

I didn't get the chance to open the door before Hector opened it. He stood near the door and yet again unannounced, I took notice that he wasn’t with Piper. I started to question myself. Is he only here because he feels bad or is he just here because he wants to be? Today hector seemed more scary than usual in fear I asked him where Piper was. Hector seemed like he was hesitating to leave “It’s just me today do you mind if I stay?” he asks looking into my eyes

I turned away and said “Sure...just for a bit, I guess.”

He walks in and sits next to me on the chair that was next to my bedside. He put his hands on his thighs as if there was nowhere else to put them.

“What do you want to talk about?” I ask.

“Let’s talk about us.” he said.

“Us? Wait, help me out here I'm sort of confused, what are you talking about we barley know each other.”

Laughing he answered “What do you mean what are you talking about? How can you forget all of our moments together?”

With the awkward vibe in the air I jump off the bed to say “Um, I think you should go now, I need to take a bath because I’m going out with my mom tomorrow.”

“Okay but I’ll see you soon.” He said rising up from the chair and walking to the doorway.

Before I can push the door close he bends down to kiss me on the side of the check almost on my lips. Before he can do anything else I slammed the door and started to cover my ears again because the pain from when he first touch me returned. It was as though I only get headaches when he touches. I slide down against the door and my pain seemed to worsen. I walked to the tub and showered myself. I got flashbacks. I saw a man next to me while I was in bed I couldn't see his face. He talked to me as if he knew me. I knew I didn’t like this person he seemed scary like he would hurt me. He talked and laughed by my bedside while I was asleep. He put his hands on his thighs just like hector did today, the only difference was that he kept rising them towards me is if he wanted to touch me. My flash backstopped before it could continue and I found myself on the floor of my bathtub-soaking wet. I lay on the floor for a bit feeling too weak to get up. When I calmed down and I was able to move again I got up from the shower floor and got out.

After my shower I climb onto my bed to go to sleep. The next morning I stayed in bed all day. I lied to Hector about going out with my mother. Thoughts shot through my head, why did I have that episode? Was it because of Hector? What is with Hector anyway? He acts funny and I don’t feel safe alone with him. I spent most of the night thinking until I fell asleep. The next morning I woke up because I had something to do with my mother. I had lied to him but only about the date. I got in the shower and got dressed; I planned to help her cook like when I was younger. We decide to go early so we can make breakfast, lunch and dinner together.

“Scarlett do you have the keys for the car?” She asks standing next to the car me laugh to myself because she forgot the keys like always, I turn to grab the car and house keys and then lock the front door. I just finish locking the door when I hear a snap of wood coming from the inside of my house. I quickly look up but saw nothing but a shadow getting smaller as the person runs away. I run to my mother and tell her to hurry up and get in the car. We spend most of the morning out and when we got home we make a late breakfast. Before I knew it the day ended and I’m in bed again waiting to start another day. The next day I was reading another book when Piper came through the door with Hector.

Piper and I sat on the bed and he sat in the chair. We talked, gossiped and exchanged Facebook photos while Hector sat their staring at us. I pretended he wasn’t there and didn’t look at him, not wanting to see his face. It was getting late so Piper decided it was time to for them to leave. I had a great time with Piper and hoped that she’d come over the again but without hector. I could feel Hectors eyes on me the whole time piper and me were talking and I’m happy he’s leaving. I lead them to the front door with my head facing the floor ignoring the fact that hectors wanted to hug me. Piper hugs me goodbye and before I can put my arms back down from Pipers hug Hector grabs me and pulls me into a hug too.

“You lied to me you didn’t go out with your mother until yesterday. Don’t worry you look really nice today...I like the way you smell. I’ll come get you soon.” He whispered to me with a smile before releasing me and walking off with Piper.

I slam the door shut and locked it before I start to scream. I fall to the floor again but unlike the other times I scream my head off as the images in my head become more surreal and I could see the man’s shadow again. I first see his eyes; the image gets clearer as light began to unfold the colors of his eyes. I began realizing who it was, one eye was light grey almost white and the other was dark brown almost black. It was Hector. Hector raped me and all I can do is screaming as everything he did to me replayed in my head over and over. I don’t know what I’m going to do now that I know who it was. I’m going to turn him in but only when I find the right moment. I can’t let him know I know but I won’t let him ever touch me or any other girl again.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the project with a friend so after you are done reading this please read the next part which is writen by my friend hazolgreen and her part is named Henderson, it's the point of view of the rapest. Thank you for reading.