“Hey Manibear.” I say as I sit down.

“Hey Mila.” She replies not looking at me with her usual cheery self. What's wrong?

“Did I do something wrong?” I asked.

“No nothing just I’m not sure. I guess it seems sort of weird. Things weren’t like this. There was never a word. Never really a warning of what the things that would be to come maybe when she asked about you before anyone knew about you. There’s just something really weird about all of this. Its not a normal thing but I guess normal never really applied. At least it has never really applied to her.” Normani began.

“What are you talking about?” I asked her. She looked at me confused.

“Sorry I was sort of talking to myself.” I looked at her confused. Was she talking about Lauren? What did she mean that she wasn’t normal.

Class began which stopped me from questioning her further. I really hated being the new student because there was all these people who I didn’t know and there was always a question of who they really were. I didn’t know anyones past which is both good and bad. Good in the way that I could get to learn how people were by my own opinion and no one elses. The bad was that I never really knew if people were being real with me or not. I guess my own past prevented me from being able to figure this out with so many people pretending to me my friend, to at the end just hurt me.

Lauren's POV

When the bell rang to signal the end of the last period I walked out with Camila after she had said bye to Normani. We went to my car and I would drive us to my house, to pick up my things, then to hers to pick out clothes and get ready.

We got into my car which was pretty quiet except the sound of the radio and Camila humming along to it.  She had a beautiful voice. It was unique and I really loved it. It was way better than in my dream.

I arrived at my house and went up grabbed my stuff and but in car then we started the drive to Camila's house.

Camila's POV

We entered my house and I lead Lauren to my room. She sat on my bed and made herself comfortable, looking through her phone as I looked through my closet to see what I would wear.

“So is this party formal or not?”

“No you could wear whatever you want.” She answered.

“Ok.” I say looking through my closet again. I pull out a blue shirt that ties up on my stomach and a pair of white jeans and look at Lauren.

“Is this ok?” She looked up and nodded.

“What are you wearing?” I asked.

“You’ll see.” She said with a wink. I laughed. I heard the door open downstairs and I figured my parents have come home. I grabbed Lauren’s arm and began dragging her to the door.

“Come on I want you to meet my parents.”

Lauren’s POV

Did she just say meet her parents? No I’m not ready to do that. This is a huge step and I not ready. She lead me downstairs and I could see her parents walking through the door. I have to make the best impression on them that I could.

“Hey mom, dad. This is Lauren.” Camila said as we reached the bottom of the stairs and I gulped. Oh lord...

Camila’s POV

My parents turned and smiled at the sight of Lauren. Lauren smiled at them and went towards them.

“Hi I’m Lauren. One of Camila’s friends. Its very nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Cabello.” Lauren said shaking their hands. My parents smiled at her.

“Hello Lauren. We’ve heard so much about you. Its nice to finally meet you.” My Mom began. “You can call me Sinuh, Mr and Mrs is too formal.”

“And you can call me Alejandro.” My dad added with a smile. I guess they were happy to finally meet one of my friends. It's been pretty rough for both of us.

“Well since you all met, Lauren and I are going back upstairs to finish getting ready.” I say starting to head back of stairs.

“It was nice to meet you Sinuh and Alejandro.” Lauren added as she followed me. It went better than I could've imagined.

__________________________________________

Hi. Again I'm sorry for taking so long to update the story but I'm going to try to get quicker at it cause I'll have some more time these week. Hope you like the chapter and I've noticed that I tend to ramble sometimes in the story and I'm sorry cause it's probably annoying. Thanks for reading. -S