Chapter 1

Tempers flared and decibels rose, I have just hung up the phone with my buddy, James telling him about the phone call I have just received from an informant telling me about a group of merciless suicide bombers who will be boarding the flight from New York to Chicago in four hours' time.

Staring out into the pitch black sky, I could hear the snowdrops ricocheting off the ground. It was a shivering cold winter Sunday night and I had to make my way to the airport soon.

My name is Desmond Green and I am a hundred year old vampire King who have abandoned my kingdom and my duties as a King and flared to New York to be a special agent who specially deal with highly dangerous criminals or syndicates. I have decided to take this path after experiencing the death of my soul mate. She was raped and brutally murdered by that son of a bitch whom I have tracked down and sucked him dry eventually.

I have been following this group closely and it's time for me to put an end to their evil doings. I was swiftly packing my stuffs in the suitcase ready to make my way to the airport. All of a sudden, an old friend of mine, Tristan the seer materialized beside me. I turned around and gave him a big brother hug. Desmond, I have awesome news for you. I saw in my crystal ball that you will meet Annabelle / Diana soon. A huge smile formed across my face and I quickly asked when and where is the location. I have been waiting for thirty five years to see her. I could still recalled picking her broken body up and cradling her in my arms as I cried tears of blood when I found her dead in the alley with her clothes torn. Tristan has informed me that Annabelle / Diana will be given a last chance to be reincarnated in life and that shall be our last avenue for our passion to blossom into a red string of fate. She has already reincarnated twice to be with me but was in vein every time. I have heard of an ancient saying that says that a red string of fate is an invisible red thread that connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. This thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break between soul mates. I am not quite certain if my relationship with Annabelle / Diana is one that will result in a red string of fate or it will remain an unquenchable one after two episodes of unsuccessful and failed lifetimes of attempting to marry her but instead resulted in her dying a tragic death every time.

My name is Brelyna and I am a twenty five years old journalist who just received instructions from my news station that they will be sending me to Chicago tonight to interview a tycoon tomorrow about his plans for his new hospital. I was feeling gloomy about this last minute notice on a Sunday night.

Four hours and thirty minutes later, I am now sitting in my seat on board United airlines 735 using my laptop and drafting my list of interview questions. As I was engrossed on my laptop, I heard a commotion broke out, it sounded like it was coming from the back of the plane.

As it was only a half filled flight, I carefully crotched down and walked past the other two seats next to me and turned my head backwards. To my horror, I saw four man armed with machine guns. They were all strong and big built and were wearing a blackout mask on their faces leaving only their eyes to be seen. They held two stewardess hostages and were threatening the passengers to keep quiet or they will shoot them dead.

I was shaken with fear beyond words could describe and I quickly thought of a plan. I used my news station Facebook page to send out a quick distressed message requesting for help and that our plane has been hijacked. I carefully log off the page just in case the terrorist happen to see it and then I will be the first to die.

My buddy, James and I made our way to the cockpit to mentally prepare the pilot and copilot about the situation outside explaining to them that we are special agents.

We had set a trap to arrest the terrorist before they could threaten the pilot and copilot at gun point to detour the plane to another location. Twenty minutes past, the door to the cockpit flung open, James and I tackled the two men down to the ground, it was a dangerous situation as these terrorist would rather activate the bombs they have tied on their bodies for a suicide mission rather than to be arrested. The man struggled to free his hands off me in order for him to activate the bomb strapped to his vest. With a swift speed of a blink I removed the bomb from him and placed the handcuff on his wrist. I quickly detonated that bomb. I noticed James having trouble to hold the man down, I made a quick signal to him to distract him while I unstrap the bomb and detonate it while James handcuffed the other man.

I smiled to James and thought to myself that this mission is just a piece of cake to me. Just as I was overwhelmed with confidence, the copper smell of that familiar element call blood flouted to my senses and intuitively I felt my fangs discerning. I quickly withheld the creature within me with a struggle; I knew I had filled myself with a decent amount of blood before I boarded this flight. A careful reminder to myself never to drink from a human except from the one and only time when that son of a bitch murdered Diana. I thirst for his blood and drank him dry to avenge for the blood of my soul mate.

James and I came out of the cockpit and the once shade of blue carpets and seats were now a crimson shade tainted by the heaps of copse of passengers who were killed either by the slashing of their throats or by a bullet to their heads. Hit by the silence of death, James find it eerily quiet but in the heighten senses of a vampire, I knew I heard a soft muffle coming from the upper deck. Amidst the smell of blood, another familiar smell hit my senses, the smell of vampires. I thought I was the only vampire made by accident until I was proven wrong now. James has been my buddy and closest friend besides Tristan who has been working with me for the past fifteen years. We were close but I have never revealed to him about me being a king who accidentally became a vampire and flared away. Although he has always complimented me about looking in my twenties and never ageing being my beauty secret that he claimed that I never share.

Theme song for this novel would be Forever Love by Gary Barlow