Time

Life has many tempos. As a child, time creeps. From Christmas to Christmas seems like an eternity. School years last forever. Days are so long.
Time speeds up as we grow into early adulthood. College, careers, new family commitments, social calendars and so many other things. There doesn't seem to be enough time to meet the challenge. Yet, we find a way thru it all. Burning the candle on both ends because of course, we are invincible. Life is going to last forever. Or do we think.
By the time we reach middle age, our bodies start to tell us to slow down a little. Staying out all night and working all day and keeping up with the kids have taken a toll. But life has just kicked into overdrive. It's not as easy to keep up. The kids will be grown and gone soon, then you'll be able to slow down. That's what we tell ourselfs. Where did the time go? We ask ourselves. Still plenty of time left, we think to ourselves.
Now we are looking forward to retirement. Kicking back and finally being able to do all the things we haven't had time for. We are almost there.
Then comes that day. No more rat race. Just time on our hands. The kids have so much going on we hardly see them now. Damn it how do we keep getting stuck with the grandkids?
Time is beginning to slow now. Seems like forever and its barely been an hour. All we can do is enjoy the the time we have. Time doesn't change, we do. Live life, enjoy the time that we are blessed with. Time moves on. Forever.

Titled Time©
By EdwinBrown9®™
8/21/14