Chapter 14-I'm scared

Start from the beginning

"Want to talk?" He asked tentatively. I sighed. I did want to talk, but how could I express the anguish that I was going through? How could the feeling of constantly fighting your wolf who wanted nothing more than to run over to Zach and mark him there and then, be put into words?

I raised my head to look at him so that I could decline his offer; but as I looked up into his dark eyes, I saw the same conflict and pain that I felt, mirrored back at me.

"How could I be so self centred?!" I exclaimed! "Here you are, asking me if I need to talk and taking me on runs, when I should be doing the same for you!" I took his hand gently in mine, twisting our fingers together. "Thank you." I said, holding his gaze. "Thank you for being there for me." I smiled weakly, "but I am sure you know exactly how I feel right now." He nodded his head and pulled me up against him, resting his chin on my head, his arms around my waist. We sat there like that, in a comfortable silence. Just listening to the sounds of the forest around us.

"Rose?" Brett said after a while.

"Mhmm?"

"You know what you said earlier about me knowing how you feel?"

"Mhmm."

"Well I just want to let you know that I won't blame you if you decide to go off with Zach. You will never be able to truly sever the pull between you two and I just want you to be happy, whether its with me or Zach or Jason or Alex! I don't care as long as you're happy." 

I smiled, "Thank you Brett." I whispered. He just hugged me tighter.

"And I don't mind if you decide that Violet is more your type and go for her." I added. "You can even mate her if you want." Wow. It hurt to say that.

Brett chuckled humourlessly. "Having said that, We both know the only way to sever the mate bond is if one if them  is killed. And I would never kill Zach. I know how much it would hurt you." I grimaced, knowing what had to be said.

"And although I hate her guts," I took a deep breath, "IwouldneverkillVioleteither." I rushed. Brett laughed, causing my head to jiggle up and down, as I was resting it on his chest. "Thank you Rose. I can see how painful it was for you to say that." He chuckled again.

"I'm not making any promises for the others though." I grumbled.

Still laughing, Brett stood up and pulled me to my feet. "Come on, we'd better go." He said.

************************************

ZACH'S P.O.V

I don't know why but that white wolf was really bugging me. My wolf being suspiciously quiet didn't help things.

"Mhmm" I nodded my head distractedly at the Alpha of the Water Pack, who was talking to me about his new novelty socks that he received for his birthday.

But my mind was elsewhere. Why did I have the feeling that something big was going to happen? Something huge. Why am I so on edge?!

"And when I stamp my feet, the little birds light up and play 'A whole new world!' From Aladdin!" I snapped out of my thoughts at that sentence. But just as I was about to excuse myself and go for a run, I noticed Jake and Ryan getting into a fight with two members of the Fire Pack.

~uh oh.~

Said my wolf.

~the fire pack is known for its amazing fighting skills, better get over there now~

I agreed.

"Those sound like some amazing socks Alpha Greg, but I need to go and help my pack move their things into the house. I'll talk to you later."