First Year

Chapter 1: Day one

"Kay, wake up sweetie"  my mom said

My eyes slowly opened i could feel a fuzzy blanket covering my shoulder as i slowly open my tired eyes i see a big meadow and everything zooming past really face like a motion picture. as we headed into the big forest i could see signs for camp. my nervousness built up in my chest as we saw the gate. I never went to camp in San Francisco before so this was a whole new experience for me.

" mom this place is so-" my sentence was cut off by loud cheering my mom started to roll down my window

" WHAT NO MOM DON'T" and before  i could finish  loud cheers surrounded me everyone holding signs and cheering "WELCOME TO TREE TOP CAMP!"  i bent my body down still hearing the cheers my soul wasn't ready for this. i look up and around the car at each window seeing people cheer i heard my mom giggling in the background cause my actions.

" mom..." i mumbles looking at the rear mirror my face in total shock like Ive just seen a ghost.

" yes sweet cheeks" she replies

" i think my soul has just been traumatized.."

my mom turns around  in the car like really really man... my mom continues to drive as we reached a big grassy field i opened the door and jumped out of the car. We walked to the sports complex we mainly followed people to know what to do. We entered the sports complex and there was a huge line so we waited it took 20 minutes just to get to the front first, they took my tempature, i had no fever so thats good and then next i had to get lice check. it must of been hard for them because my hair is very curly some people may call it a Jewfro other people may call it curly hair. But i don't care after the lady checked my hair me and my mom walked to the sign and talked to the another lady

" last name please" the lady asked her voice cracking a little in the process

" Light " i say looking at the person she nods and checks me off " alright you'll be heading towards the assembly room your unit is Friendship" she said and so i continued to walk  we went out of the sports complex and to the building next door it was shaped like a circle. it was really big and huge there was a stag. i guess this is where they do performances.

I went to the first table and got my name tag and then  walked to the next table it was giving out laundry bags and then i went to the next one and i got my shirt for when we go on a trip.

" excuse me " i say trying to get the lady's attention and sh e looked at me with happy eyes.

" what can i do for you kid?" she replied

" what bunk am i in" i ask looking at her seeing my mom finally catch up to me 

" last name'

'light"

" light light oh yes, Miss Kay Light your in bunk 24"

i nodded and walked out of the assembly room and my mom and i were walking back to the car which had everything in there i needed, i hopped back into the car and sat down buckling my seat belt.

" they were interesting people " my mom said looking at me smiling

i nodded in response

As the car went up the rocky road to bunk 24 i started to feel nervous and anxious but i tried to keep my calm which was totally not working. as we got in front of bunk 24 i got my two duffel bags and my mom helped me carry my other thing like a pillow and backpack. i saw a bunch of girls walking around laughing a big but funny conseler came up to me and helped me with my stuff she helped me take out all my clothes and toiletries and also help set  my bed my mom helped out to when i layed on my bed it felt rock hard. my mom kissed me on my cheek and i gave her a big hug as she left i looked at my leaf patterned bed and look around my whole bunk. wondering how will it  be like from here.

After everyone came in to the bunk there were a bunch of people and i felt bored because we waited long hours and then we went to the opened garden with seats and then came the camp director which gave a big speech which totally  lost its cool. Then it was dinner time the camp director gave us a long speech and about a couple hours later he finished talking by saying.

" and thats why according tot the torah bear are not friends of god!"

i thought to my self this is the weirdest camp ever and after the camp director finished his speech we were allowed to eat. Then we went back to the bunk i put on my pajamas and went to the bathrrom connected to our bunk and brushed my teeth my eyes feeling heavy and went into bed snuggling under the covers...

" today was a low key day....i wonder what tomorrow will be like" and just like that i closed my eyes and drifted to sleep