Chapter 1

I know I said my parents death was for another day, but I suppose you need to know my past before you know my present. Well the bits I can remember.
Running. That's what they said. Just keep running. Don't look back, we'll be fine. I was in fight or flight mode. Imagine that a ten year old having to run away from cold hearted hunters while in fact they were murdering her parents. On her birthday. I was due to shift at any moment. My body was aching. And yet hunters forced me into fight or flight mode. My parents had tried to prepare me for this. But just not the pain. Between the physical pain of shifting and the emotional pain of loosing them. I may have just turned ten, but I wasn't stupid. I knew that not even a herd of 1,000,000 shifters could have fought off that many hunters.
When they were still alive they brought me to this cave and told me that if anything ever attacked the herd I was to run to this cave. They never allowed me inside, and said it was just for an emergency like the herd being attacked. They said there was someone on the inside that can help, but they never said who. They always said I was special but I didn't believe them until I was done shifting. You see I come from a herd of fresians. There was never any pure white or grey horses. There were some mixed breeds like my best friend Soul whos dad is a freisian and mums a paint. I'm the first pure grey.
Anyway, I went into the cave and almost as soon as I did a heap of vines grew down and covered the whole entrance. My body was aching from running and the start of my shift. The pain was horrific. It felt like my whole body was on fire, although now that I think of it, it could have been the pain of loosing my parents. I tried to turn around looking for someone or something that could help, but the pain was so great I passed out from it.
I woke up about 30minutes later, I was still in the cave but everything was different, better almost, I could see each water drop as it flowed from the top of the cave. I could smell the flowers on the vines and hear the hunters outside the vines. I tried to leap up but then I remembered I had just shifted, that and someone pushed me down. "Please stay down. You may hear them but don't be alarmed I have a protective shield around the entrance which only allows horse shifters with the intensions of staying alive in" said an angelic voice. I turned my head only to see a steel grey body of a pony. "Oh and although your herd may have been fresians you are a Connemara pony. Like me" but this time the voice was in my head. So I tried to get up again. Only to stumble and be caught by another pony. She had a coat as white as snow but her mane was slightly messy but it worked for her. Just then a really bubbly voice chirped "Hi hi, I'm your horse Kandy. With a K. No Cs. ". "Hi, I guess" I replied slightly confused. "Wait, who is that" I said motioning to the mysterious white horse. "I am the moon goddess, Cara" "Oh right. I'm so sorry your highness". "My child please do not bow. I hate that formal crap" "Close your mouth before you catch flys, Cara" replied an oh so amused Kandy, and for the second time I passed out. AN picture of the moon goddess on top.