Chapter 16

Neva arrived back a few hours later with enough donuts for everybody from the holiday shop like 1,000 miles away. But she ate them all herself. As usual. Me and Arti burnt cookies, browny cake and water as usual too. "We leave for THERE tomorrow" Neva said, stuffing her face with donuts, referring to the Celestial herd. "Are you sure you wanna do this? We don't want to arrive home under the circumstances of you murdering Lead Mare Celestia?" I asked. "Positive!" She replied through gritted teeth. Her eyes showed a slight flash of hatred and anger. Any normal pony or were wouldn't notice this change, but I did. Her eyes went from their bright, aqua, blue hue into a cold, silver, ice colour. Her fists clenched and turned blue from the ice inside her veins. Her skin gained a blue tint and Sam rushed to her aid him turning the exact opposite. Red. We knew the drill. Get her to the detaining room and close the door as soon as possible. We knew Neva's anger patterns. Teeth grit. Colour faded from eyes. Fists clench. Body freezes over.
             If you come from the Ice Crystal herd you have a special connection with ice, snow and the cold. And if your next in line the powers are even stronger than the normal Ice Crystal inhabitants.
"Anyone up for a run?" They all looked at me and then back at the movie, Marley and Me. I've seen it like a billion times before. It's a wonder no one else had. "The dog dies in the end" I say as I start sprinting. Oh wow no one has tackled me yet. That's an improvement. I'de usually be on the ground with fifteen other shifters sprawled out on top of me. Oh well.
              I was galloping along when something in front of me moved. It smelt like a shifter. But none that I had ever met. I stopped. The twigs snapping got closer. A bright red fox with gleaming hazel eyes leapt onto my path. "Don't be afraid The Moon Goddess sent me to warn you of a war. Train your soldiers well. Don't trust anyone from the Celestial Herd and be careful" she spoke and then was gone. I stood frozen letting the words thaw into my mind. I walked home silently. My thoughts were with the fox. She was definetly a shifter. Ive never seen a different type of shifter other than horse and obviously wolf and my other beings, but I use to read about them all the time. We had an amazing library at my old herd and even with the Moon Goddess, sure there's an okay library here and in Arti's. I got back and just went straight up to bed. Calumbo is off helping his brothers with something in the pack, so I'm home alone. I don't mind it though. I usually just call over Destiny, Soul or Neva to watch movies or Sammy after I tell him about a sad movie. It's quite amusing actually. He's like "I'm soooo sad for him. I can't believe the poor dog!?!" Neva would just laugh with me while we eat the Holiday Shop donuts. They really are nice. Me and Destiny usually just prank Sam too. Scares the shit out of him. Neva just kinda sits back and eats donuts and brownies. Me and Soul do it all. We read together, shop together, prank together, see Arti Smartie together. We really are good friends. Today is Saturday so Neva is busy running a marathon. Literally. Sam is cheering her on. Destiny is shopping with Artemis. That just leaves me and Soul. "Wanna go to the biggest book shop EVER?!?"I screached through the mind link. "I'm right here" she giggled. "You looked busy with Muffin. Didn't want to disturb. And please there are innocent eyes in the room" She blushed and looked around. "No there isn't" she said in a know it all tone. "Yes there is. Me!"I shot at her "Judging by that mark on your neck you don't seem too innocent" she fired back at me. She ran. She knew when it was time to run. Good for her. I chased her to her bedroom and tackled her to the ground. "Your speed is improving. You nearly got to the bed this time. That's a new personal record. Be proud of it." I said shaking her hand in a business like gesture. She grabbed my hand and pulled herself off the floor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wasn't going to update today but I decided to be nice. Sorry if it's a bit short. Ttyl