Chapter 3

Seto's POV

After breakfast, I brought Kisara to the mall for new clothes and such.  When we reached the first store, she stopped, grabbing my hand, looking deeply into my eyes. "Are you sure you can buy me all of this? I don't want to be a burden." That tugged my heart, her?! A burden?! I pulled her hands to my chest. "Kisara, you will never be aburden! Now you go in that store and get as many clothes as you want!" Kisara's face turned a shade of red. "Okay." 

We entered and she dispursed towards an manaquin that had on an outfit. "This is cute!" she grinned. She then reached over to look at the price tag. I went over and grabbed her hand. "Now, don't worry about that." I assured. "Money isn't an issue, I'm Seto Kaiba after all." She grinned, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.  I then called out for the store assistant. "Can I help you guys?" she asked. "Yes, she would like to try on this outfit."I told her. "Right away." she smiled.

****************

Kisara's POV

We returned home later that evening. Seto bought me so much clothes and other things I needed. I felt kind of guilty for letting him buy me all of this. Mokuba met us as we entered the front door. "Big Brother, Kisara! You're home!" he smiled.  Mokuba then reached over and hugged my waist. "Hey Moki-Chan!" I said, rubbing his hair. Seto smiled and took my bags upstairs. I knelt down to Mokuba's height. "Moki-Chan," I began, "Wasn't there something you wanted to do?" His face lit up more than it already was. "Yes!!" Mokuba then grabbed my hand and led me upstairs. 

Coming to a door, he opened it. "This is my room." he smiled. Inside, there was a bunk bed, a flat screened TV with a game counsle hooked up, with toys and plushies set aside all around. "Kisara, over here!" he called. He walked over to an aquarium-like glass bowl. Inside, there was a little turtle. Mokuba reached in and picked it up. "This is my turtle, I just got her the other day." he smiled. I knelt down. "What's her name?" He looked down, "Well, I she doesn't have one yet." He looked back up,"But I have the perfect one though!" He handed me the turtle, "Oh really? What would that be?" I asked. "Kisara, after you. You're so nice and pretty, and it fits." he smiled. 

I couldn't believe what he just said, he wanted to name the turtle after me?! All these years, my father treated me like dirt. Called me Bitch and Whore, and used the term Ugly-As-Sin.  "Is that fine with you, Kisara?" Mokuba asked, snapping me out of my flashbacks. "It's fine." I smiled, handing him back his turtle.  He placed her back in her bowl. He looked up at me. "I know I shouldn't ask you, Kisara, but is it true what Seto said? I mean your daddy hitting you?"  He looked back down. "I had a friend who's daddy hit him. It got so bad he almost died." I noticed a tear streaming down his face. I knelt back down and wiped his face. "It's true" I responded. "But I'm here now, so he can't do that to me anymore." Mokuba reached out and wrapped his arms around me. "I like you Kisara, you're a nice person, and very pretty. It takes someone evil to hit a pretty girl like you." I heard him hiccup, letting me know he was really crying now. I pulled him away and looked into his tear-filled eyes. "Moki-Chan, I know he was evil. But don't worry. I'm here now." He smiled, "I'm glad you are, 'cause Seto is actually smiling again." he hiccuped once more. "I love my big brother, but theres some stuff I can't actually talk to him about." I wiped another tear off his cheek. "Well, Moki-Chan. If you want, you can always talk to me about things." A huge smile formed over his face. "Really?!" I nodded. He hugged me once more. 

I had always wanted a younger sibling, and since my mother died, that didn't happen. I looked at Mokuba, his face just a glowing. A knock emerged from the door. "Hey guys," Seto began, "It's time for dinner." "Alright!" Mokuba said, rushing past us and heading downstairs. I giggled as I stood back up. "I heard what you told Mokuba." Seto said, as I was straghting my shirt.  I looked at Seto, "Did you mean that?" he asked. I nodded, "Every word. I don't lie." A smile flashed across his face. "I always wanted a younger brother or sister, but it never happend. But in a way, I'm glad it didn't. I wouldn't want them to go through what I did...." My voice began to trail off, thinking about my father again. Pictures of him hitting me, punching me in my face, taking a knife and cutting me. And worse, making me do sexual things with him. I felt the tears forming with every memory. I wrapped my arms around myself. Seto went over and wiped a tear that had slipped off of my cheek.  I smiled, "You think I'll ever get over those memories?" I whispered. "I don't know, but as long as I'm here, I'll help you forget." I wrapped my arms around him. I stayed there for a good few seconds. "Okay..." interupted Seto, clearing his throat, "Let's go get some dinner."

**************

The Following Week

******

I closed the door to the mansion behind me. School was over for me. I completed my exams and passed each one. I was so relieved that I never had to go back there again. Taking off my heels, I placed them in the coat closet. "Hey Kisara!" I heard Mokuba call out as he decended down the long stair case. I walked over to him, embracing his hug. "Hey Moki-Chan!" "Where's Seto?" he asked. "At Kaiba Corp, important meeting." "Great!" he exclaimed, pulling me into the den. "What's up, Moki-Chan?" I asked. Mokuba was smiling from ear-to-ear. "Tomorrow is Seto's eighteenth birthday, so I'm throwing him a huge party!" He was still smiling from all the excitement. "Aw, that's so sweet, Moki-Chan." He nodded. Then I froze, I had nothing suitable for a party! I looked down. "What's wrong, Kisara?" Mokuba asked, leaning closer to my face. "I don't have a party dress, that's all." Mokuba straightened up and grabbed my hand, "Okay then, come on." I stood up, "Go where?" "To get you a dress!" he smiled, "And find one that Seto will love on you!" I felt my face begin to burn. Mokuba laughed, "You so like Seto!" I folded my arms across my chest. "Oh really, is that so?" I asked, leaning over to tickle him. He laughed, "Okay! Okay!" I stopped and he looked up at me and smiled. "Let's go get your dress!" Mokuba went into the hall and grabbed the phone, "Hey, this is Mokuba, could you send the other limo around? Thanks." He then hung up the phone, "Okay, we're set!" 

We arrived at the mall less than twenty minutes. Mokuba turned to me, "So, what is the best dress store here? I'm a boy so I don't know!" he laughed.  I looked around, "I guess, at Kawaii Onno Ko." I pointed in the direction towards the store. "Well, okay! Let's go!" Mokuba grabbed my hand and pulled me into the store. We walked over towards the really fancy dresses. I began to go through each shelf on the rack. So far, there was nothing that caught my attention. I was just about to walk away when I heard Mokuba gasp. I turned my direction towards him as he approached a long thin strapped dark blue dress. "This is PERFECT!" he exclaimed. "Really?" Mokuba looked up at me, "Yes, big brother will love this on you! Plus it's blue, his favorite color!" I felt my face burning as he walked to the service counter, "Yes ma'am, my friend wants to get that dress over there!" The woman nodded and walked over towards me and took the dress off of the display. "Go, try it on!" Mokuba smiled. I nodded and the sales assosiate led me towards the dressing rooms. Slipping it on, I looked my reflection in the window, the scars on my arms were visible again. I felt a knot in my throat began to tighten. "Hey Kisara, does it fit okay?" I heard Mokuba ask. Sighing, I opened the door. "Well, what do you think, Moki-Chan?" His eyes widened. "It's...PERFECT!" I let out a sigh. "Ma'am, we want to buy it." Mokuba said. "Okay sir." I went back into the dressing room. "Hey Kisara, while you change, I'll start looking for shoes!" 

******

Seto's POV

I walked out of Mokuba's room, he wasn't there. Neither him or Kisara was nowhere around. The meeting at Kaiba Corp had gone longer than I had planned. I hated those damn meetings, but without me, they'd never get done. I walked downstairs as I heard the front door open. "Big brother, you're home!" Mokuba exclaimed. I greeted him as I reached the bottom of the stairs. I looked at my phone, "Mokuba, it's after 8, where were you? You know you're supposed to be home before 7." Kisara walked up, "Sorry Seto," she began, "I lost track of time. We went for a little ice cream, as a little graduation celebration for me." I blinked, "You passed?!" She nodded. I reached for her and embraced her in a hug, without thinking. My heart was pounding as she drew closer. "Congratulations." "Thanks"  I cleared my thoat and removed my arms. "Okay guys, time for dinner."