Chapter Twelve: The End

Trigger warning, please do not read this if you are sensitive to cutting or someone talking about depression. Please if you are tell a trusted adult, you are loved

*Jenna's POV*

I spent the last week thinking about everything. What if I don't love Link the same way I use to because my heat transplant? I just can't hurt him not like this or for this reason. I just can't handle this emotional pain anymore, it hurts so much. There's been weeks where I've spent the whole night crying and others just staring into nothing. I've never felt more alone with everyone surrounding me. Deep and depressing thoughts fought away my happiness and soon enough my space for loving people. I was lashing out at everyone including Link, I never felt more powerful being in this position, but with this I felt sadder and sadder each day. A day felt like decades and hours passed of restless thoughts. Minutes settled for years and seconds for days. How could anyone live like this?

"Hey sweetheart" I heard Link enter the room

"Hey" my voice was quiet

"What's wrong?" He asked concerned about my well being

"Just thinking" just thinking, dangerously

"What about" dangit Link, why would I tell YOU if its MY thoughts?

"Just about school and this transplant" I placed my right hand on my heart or whoever's heart this is.

"Oh" oh? Is that all you could say Charles! Inside I was furious, but outside I showed only peer happiness because the 'love of my life' is right next to me holding my hand. Everything in front of me seemed to slow down as I began yelling.

"You know what Link! I wasn't thinking about school, I we thinking about life and how I don't think I love you anymore!" I yelled so the whole floor could hear me

"Jenni you are only saying this from the medication, I-I just know it" Link's water works began falling onto the bed sheet

"And by the way Link, Christy was cheating on you with Rhett" my voice rough and bitter. I stared up into his ocean blue eyes and saw the anger, the jealousy and betrayed little boy in him. For a second I felt good telling him then when he growled and huffed, I felt bad and guilty. Our lives were over, more of his then mine

"A-and you don't love me? Am I some kind of unlovable dishweed that doesn't deserve to live or something? Why does this always happen to me? No one loves me and I know that for sure" I couldn't reply, I don't know how to reply "silence?! Just what I thought you selfish brat! Just a freaking child" he's definitely angry.

"Link, love, darling calm down please" I begged with mercy in my eyes

"I hate him" that's final, Link has lost it.

Play song here for the best effect
(How To Save A Life~ The Fray)

"But he was your best friend" I wondered if Charles Lincoln Neal the Third is ever coming back from this faze

"Was" he snarled, I just nodded

"I loved you Jenna, I love you" he said throwing a box covered in velvet material that was very soft and beautiful. Link stormed out of my room leaving me alone to cry
I slowly opened the box and saw the most amazing, beautiful and delicate ring I have ever saw. There was a note inside underneath the ring.

Jenna Caylen,
I know we only met earlier this year, but since then I had this connection to you that I didn't even have with Christy. I'm sorry I purposed this way, but the way things were with you lashing out or crying most of the time I was afraid that maybe you wouldn't want to listen to me. So here I am writing this note, will you marry me?

I was shocked, I have to say yes, but I then what if I don't. I'm done with life so it doesn't matter anyways. I slipped the ring on with the small real diamond on the top and the silver band wrapped my finger like it was meant to be.

Dear Link Neal,
This will be the last time of you hearing from me, so I'm sorry. The answer was yes,but now thinking about it. I don't think I want to live, it's just getting to hard to breathe each day like something is holding me back. I'm so sorry love, and I hope you can forgive me. Maybe one day we could be together, but for now live and breathe with your children. Show them what love is even if what you had with Christy was fake.
Love your fiancé,
Jenna Caylen

I jumped out of bed quickly running over to the machine that pumped morphine into my system. I turned up my dosage and soon enough I will be left in a coma. I gently set the note down on my pillow.

*Link's POV*

Dear family,
I'm going on a vacation that you will see me in years. After you die of old age I will see you in heaven. I will not lie, I am scared. I'm only doing this because well I'm tired of all this stuff that's happened. I know you were oblivious to my acts of self harm, but this feeling of depression is older.

Dear Christy,
You never loved me and quite frankly you were annoying. I'm sorry that I loved you so much that I made you cheat on me with my best friend; my brother

Dear Rhett,
I trusted you, thirty-one years and you get together with my wife? Rhett you were amazing and I love you brother.

Dear Jenna,
I love you sweetheart, but this is the end of the road for me. I'm sorry and I hope you said yes because maybe one day we could marry in heaven

Love, Link

I sat the note down on my pillow and laid down in the steaming hot water digging a steak knife into my abdomen.

The blood trickled into the water and my life followed it