Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 25)

Start from the beginning

          I sighed at her silence, “Izzy, why did you bring me out here?” I asked irritated.

          Her gaze finally met mine, “Why did you keep something that important from me?” She asked.

          I turned my body towards hers, “Izzy, I didn’t know how to tell you. We were both plastard walking down the beach, and then all of the sudden we were making out on the ground.” I paused before I finished my story, “…Then before I could stop him, we were having sex. I was so ashamed.”

          “I wasn’t mad that you were, or have been sleeping with him. I am just mad that you couldn’t tell me.” Izzy looked at me with an angry expression, “We are supposed to be like sisters, there is nothing you can’t tell me.”

          “I’m so sorry, it was stupid of me to keep it from you.” I said quickly, hoping that she would just accept my apology.  “I didn’t know what to do; I didn’t know if I should tell anyone since he is engaged. I didn’t want to ruin that for him.”

          I could tell Izzy’s eyes were filled with thought. I wanted to know so badly what she was thinking.

          We sat there for moments, before a wide smiled spread across her face. She leaned in and grabbed me, “I’m sorry for slapping you.” She laughed a bit while crying, but then continued to talk, “But don’t think for one minute that I’m behind this whole ‘Danny and Sam’ shit. I don’t like it, because I know how Danny is but I guess you’re going to have to learn from yourself.”

          I started crying as well, “I don’t want to talk about that. I just want to know that you forgive me.” My heart warmed at her confession, she wasn’t mad at me for sleeping with him, she was only mad because I didn’t tell her which was understandable.

          “You’ll always be my sister, Sam.” She brought her finger up to my face and poked her pinky out at me. I hooked my pinky with hers and then we both kissed our hands. “I promise, no matter what.”

          A rush of happiness ran over me, I was so happy that everything had finally come out and things turned out to be the total opposite than I thought they would. I felt like the world was lifted off my shoulders for once, as we sat there chit chatting about the weekend coming up.

          “Sam, your break was up 15 minutes ago.” I looked back to see Tanner sticking his head out of the door looking at me giving me a sarcastic smile.

          I turn towards Izzy who was laughing and rolling her eyes. I rolled mine as well, “I guess I should get back to work.” I stood from the bench, and walked towards the door.

          “Hey Sam?” Izzy called back to me.

          I turned around towards her, “Yeah?”

          She smiled sadly, as if she knew something I didn’t. “Don’t get your heart broken.”