He nodded like that made sense.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I snapped, eyes narrowed.

Kyle growled at me. “It means you’re moody and snap at your Pack mates.” He stood up from his stool and pointed upstairs. “Go up there and Change now. If you won’t, I’ll bring you down and put you in a crate myself.”

I stood up and glared at him, teeth bared. I obeyed him though. After all, I was an Omega. I was the lowest ranking member in the Pack. You’d think being the Alpha’s mate made me more important, but being an Omega proved me wrong.

It was obvious Nick was Alpha because of his physical appearance and social abilities. Caelon was Beta because he was Nick’s best friend and his was physically fit. Eric was too worked up in family life and his work ethic to be a proper Alpha. Eric gave up the title to Nick when he was eighteen and was finished training.

When I was in my room with the door closed, I stripped down and threw my clothes on the king-sized bed. I got on all fours and tried to pretend that the hardwood floor was actually grass and the room was the forest.

When the Change came, it was worse than any other time I Changed. I held it off for too long and it seems that I have learned my lesson about holding it off for this long. Two weeks was just too much. My wolf side was pushing its way through my human side more and more each day. It would’ve taken over my body within two more days and I would’ve Changed by accident in front of everyone.

That was not a sight for public viewing. 

When I was done, I stretched my body. My bones cracked and it felt heavenly. I glanced around the room and sat on my hind legs.

Now what to do…?

I huffed and jumped up onto the comfy bed. Nick would kill me afterwards for getting my blonde fur all over the duvet, but screw him. He forces me to stay inside to Change, I’ll do whatever the hell I feel like when Changed.

I yawned and curled into a ball and closed my eyes. I heard their voices downstairs in the living room, but didn’t listen. I could care less what they were saying right now.

I was too tired to care about anything other than sleep. And it came easily.

***

I woke up to the sound of the door opening. I cracked one eye open to see Nick walking into the room, shuffling himself softly onto my side of the bed. Ignoring m now naked human body, he reached down and picked me up easily and brought the blanket down lower on the bed. He placed me down and pulled the blanket up to my shoulders and padded quietly over to his side and laid down beside me, wrapping his arm around my naked waist.

His kissed the spot behind my ear. “I know you’re awake, Delilah.”

I chuckled and rolled over to face him. “You smart man.”

I fiddled with the collar of the grey shirt he wore and looked up at him. “Any news?”

His smile dissipated. “None that would matter.” I pushed away from him and rolled over to face the door. He sighed. “Delilah, look at me.”

He tried to pry me to roll over, but I didn’t budge. He growled and used all his strength to roll me to face the ceiling. He climbed on top of me and held my arms down as I struggled to get him off of me.

“Stop fighting me.” He growled and I stopped struggling. “It doesn’t matter because I don’t want to worry you. I don’t want it affecting you in ways that are silly and they should not bother you. They’re bothering the hell outta me but I don’t both of us being like that.” His dark brows furrowed. “Why’d you come up here?”