Chapter 39 - Recuerdos

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to take a quick shower and get changed because I have to pick up Lily from the airport at 11:15," I tell him as I walk out the door.

"Okay," He says. I rushed to my bedroom and hurried in. I was surprised the other guys weren't here yet. I locked my door and went into my bathroom. Oh I haven't seen you in a while. I closed my bathroom door and turned on the shower. I took off my clothes and dumped them on the floor then I hopped into the shower. Those clothes needed to be washed really badly. I was going to do a huge load of laundry when I got the chance this week.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel and dried off. I walked out of my bathroom and into my room to get some clothes. I was only going to be picking up Lily at the airport and it was late at night so I didn't need anything fancy. I threw on black leggings and a grey hoodie. I brushed my hair and got as much water out of it as I could before throwing on a dark red beanie. I walked over to my pile of clothes and took my phone out and then put them in a laundry basket. I pulled out my laptop, its charger, and my phone charger from my carry-on and plugged them in. It was 7:23pm so the rest of the guys should be back. I unlocked the door to my bedroom and opened it into the hallway. I walked through the hallway and went downstairs. I could hear all the guys in the kitchen. Our kitchen was quite spacious. It was kind of an odd kitchen but I liked it. It was in a corner and the kitchen was built off of the corner. There was a center island and then a few feet farther out there was another counter that curved inward. The kitchen was very open and great for entertaining, but we just never had people to entertain.

I walked into the kitchen and I saw that all of the guys were in there. They were all seated on the high chairs that were on the outside of the curved counter. When I walked in they all waved.

"Hey Malia," Shawn said. I smiled.

"Hey guys," I replied. I went over to the fridge and opened it up. I knew we didn't have food because I made sure that there wasn't much in the fridge when we left because we wouldn't be home for a while. I slumped my shoulders when I saw the practically empty fridge. "What did you guys want for dinner? I will go grocery shopping with Lily tomorrow but for now does pizza sound good?" I ask them as I pick up the home phone. The kitchen was filled with a chorus of 'sure' and 'sounds good' so I dialed the pizza place and ordered 5 pizzas.

"What time do you have to pick up Lily?" Cameron asked me as I came back into the kitchen.

"Well her flight is supposed to get here at 11:15 so I'm thinking I should leave at 9:45 to be safe, because of all the traffic," I tell him. In LA it never really mattered what time it was the traffic was always pretty bad.

"Are you sure you want to pick up Lily? It will be really late," Cameron reasons with me.

"I know it will be late but I really want to see my best friend," I tell him.

"I understand," He says nodding his head.

"So what do you guys want to do in the mean time?" I ask them. "I trust that Cameron showed y'all where you're sleeping?" I ask them.

"Yeah," They answer in unison.

"Oh, if you guys have any laundry you want to do I can show you where the laundry room is," I tell them. Although I highly doubt they will be doing any laundry. It will all get dumped on me and I will have to do it. They just shrug their shoulders. I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Hey Cam, when can we go to the hospital and get this thing off my arm?" I ask him gesturing to my cast.

"We can go tomorrow," He offers. "I can try and schedule an appointment in the morning so that you and Lily can have more time to go grocery shopping," He says.