Chapter 10 - The Nightwalker

Start from the beginning

“Hey, cowboy, you got a light”, Michelle said to the large guy in the hat.

“Pardon” he shouted over the loud music of the small bar.

“A light” she simulated the action of a lighter with her fist and thumb.

“Ahhh...Yes”. He held his lighter out to her.

“And a cigarette too”

Cowboy laughed and held a newly extracted cigarette close to her mouth.

She let him place it between her lips, then accepted his light (she hadn’t smoked for year and had actually turned quite against it).

“So, what’s your name cowboy”?

“Jake Ramone”, the rough, but handsome man replied. “And you”

“Shelly”, she replied loudly.

“Shelly, what”

“Just Shelly” she said, smiling.

Kirsty awoke to the banging on the door.

“Mike, Kirsty, QUICK!, Michelle’s gone”!

“What....How..where?, have you looked in the other toilet”? Said Mike, putting his head around the door.

“Of Course, I’ve looked everywhere, even just outside”.

“Ok”, shouted Kirsty, “just let us throw something on and we’ll be right with you”

“Have you tried her mobile Grant”, said Mike?

“No point, it’s in the bathroom”, replied Grant.

Mike knew there was something strange going on.  He began to wonder if he should have told the others how Michelle had been earlier.  He had a bad feeling about this.