CHAPTER 57 : COWARD

Start from the beginning

"I hope you can understand, Shinn. Hindi ko siya naipagtanggol sa kahit kanino. Sa Papa ko, kina Kuya, sa mga kaibigan ko. . ."

"So, you're trying to defend his side now? At sa taong hindi pa siya kilala?" A sarcastic laugh came out from my throath. "If I would have a chance to meet that coward, I'll sweep him out of this world."

She smiled but her tears pooled in the corner of my eyes. I suddenly felt guilty but I would never take my words back.

"Kahit man lang sayo, di ba?"

"Don't push your luck. I would never like him for you."

"Paano kung sabihin kong para siyang ikaw?"

I looked at her incredulously. "Don't use that tactic on me, feisty. Similarities be damned. If you think I could like him because we have things in common, think again."

That made me more disgusted. I like her but I realized that she deserves a decent man, a man who behaves like hers and with no trace of me. Then, she would spill this trivia. Fantastic. I would definitely hate that guy. I hate cheaters. I also hate counterparts.

"But it's true."

"Don't force me to believe you."

"Masmalala ka lang sa kanya ng konti. Medyo bastos siya pero hindi liberated."

"So, he's a stiff, too? Cut the crap. To make your story short, it's easy to say that I'm better than him. Comparison is dispensable."

"But I would still prefer him." She whispered.

I don't know if her words were meant to hurt me. No, she would never hurt anyone intentionally. But it takes a great pride to admit it. Maybe, it was meant to wake me up. Sad to say, my opinions aren't malleable. I stand with it 'til my knees can't take it anymore.

"The Ramirez guy deserves you more. Come on. Have a better choice." I know the guy wants to pursue her. I am just glad he didn't take advantage. The man is logical enough. "If he make a move, you should give him a chance."

"Ren is my best choice."

"Was." I corrected.

"He still is." She countered.

"You should change your timeline, feisty. Your best choice sucks." My face grimaced. "And your ex is a first-class poltroon. He's gutless."

She closed her eyes. I pissed her. Great.

"Hindi 'yan totoo."

"This isn't about your break-up alone. Admit it or not, he abandoned you."

"Gano'n ka rin naman, di ba?" She stared at me disapprovingly. "Gano'n ka rin, Shinn. May mga tao ka ring inabandona. Ang pinagkaiba lang, tinulak ko si Ren palayo kaya may parte ako sa kasalanan. But yours was all for your self-concerns alone."

I stiffened. "So, you're turning the tables now? You're saying that I'm the selfish one?"

"That's not my point." She looked away. "Hindi siya duwag, Shinn. Ayokong marinig ulit 'yan sayo. He lied, yes, but he never escaped. You did. I did. That only states that he's way better than the two of us." She bit her lower lip.

I didn't buy the idea. My brain refuse to absorbed it. What can this man do to prove that Rhea's words are all facts?

With that blank expression, I could say that he can fight well. That wasn't a psychological fact but an act that I also do most of the time, either to deceive people or to make them fear me. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be deceived. I would not fear my shadow who can gave me a  doze of my own medicine. I know better. I still believe that I'm better than him.