Mike's Plans&A Lightning Show

Start from the beginning

So does Mike! Would you let him get away like you were going to do with that guy? I asked extremely pissed. Samuel huffed.

That's totally different and you know it! He growled.

What's done is done. Sometimes the right thing to do is the hardest. With that I left. I didn't have time to be nice. My family is in danger and it was all up to me to rescue them. The noise inside my head became too much as rogues came rushing out of the trees and into the clearing. Within a few seconds alphas came running after them. The plan to split into three groups worked like a charm. We trapped them in the clearing with no way to go except backwards. Seeing that most of the alphas had it under control I began to search for any scents that would lead me to the women. Soon I smelt the richness of Roxy and began to follow it. As I raced through out the fields I would occasionally stop and kill a rogue that would try to attack me. Soon the scent of my mom and Jewel joined with Roxy's. My pace quickened.

I found their scent! I linked Samuel and my father. I felt my father link Dragon and Alec as well. As I ran I searched for a fourth scent hoping I could catch Mike's but I had no luck. I wasn't paying attention to my surrounds as I sniffed my family out and felt the sharp pain of claws racking down my back. A howl escaped from my throat as I turned to see my attacker. A nasty looking rogue licked his paws as he stared at me with a deadly expression. I opened the link, curious to what he was thinking.

Our dear sweet prince is no longer sweet. He teased bitterly. I watched as you mercilessly killed that so called traitor. You didn't even give him the chance to defend himself. Tsk tsk. What kind of king are you going to be when you can't even show your enemies mercy. Your father would be so disappointed in you. He spoke as he slowly began to circle me. I followed his movement and kept him across from me as we dance this war dance.

I know what you're trying to do. I hissed. It's not going to work. I'm not going to be king anyways, that's Samuel's job. This took the rogue by surprise.

Your sister's mate? Why would you just give the throne to someone else?

Samuel is the right man for the throne, I will have other duties. I growled when he took a step closer, making our circle grow smaller. He was getting ready for the kill and I too knew I'd have to kill another rogue, I'd have to steal another man's life. I kill without a second glance but I knew after this was all over and done I would regret each life taken and those ghostly eyes would forever haunt me.

It's sad to think that when the sun rises there will no longer be a royal family. A bone chilling grin spread across his wolf features, his canines sparkled with the thick mucus that slowly pooled out of his muzzle. With those words he jumped at me but I had already expected that. I dodged his attack and before I knew what over came me I felt a jolt of energy fly from me to him. I watched as he fell to the ground and shook radically. I stopped the flow of energy and watched as the wolf form laid lifelessly. I listened and sighed when there was no sound of a beating heart. I hadn't meant to use my power and that itself scared me. Turning away I jolted for the women's scent.

It seemed as if I ran for hours when in reality it was merely one measly hour. Looking to the moon I could tell that dawn would be approaching in just around two hours. Their scent was everywhere, as if Mike purposely dragged them in circles to confuse us. Most of the rogues had been taken care of but every once in a while I'd cross paths with one and have to engage in a fight with it.

After half an hour I found Samuel, Alec, my father, and Dragon. All four looked stumped. As I jogged over I opened the link.

Why have you stopped? I asked.