I Saw Us

"Kelle, you are honestly the most beautiful person I've ever met. Your smile, your laugh, even your bitch face is flawless." Parker chuckled, and continued. "I love you. And I know you're aware of that, because I must've told you that same line more than a billion times in the years that we've known each other. I cherish everything about you, from the way that your amazingly soft brown hair seems to glow in the sunlight, to that neverending sparkle in your blue eyes.

"You're full of mischief, love, kindness, and much more than I deserve. But I have a feeling that I must've done something right, because you're here in front of me, shining like you always seem to do. So, if you'll allow me, I'm going to ask the question that will probably change both of our lives for the better."

Kelle let out a muffled sob into her hands. She had been dreaming of this moment since the day that they had officially been a couple, and he was making it true in the best possible ways.

Parker, with a couple of tears in his eyes as well, continued. He took out the small, red velvet box that contained a tiny, yet beautiful diamond ring. "Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

"God, Parker! Why do you even ask?" Kelle grinned tearfully. "Of course I will marry you!"

Parker quickly slid the ring into Kelle's finger and scooped her into his arms. He hugged her for what seemed like forever, and then gave her the most lengthy and passionate kiss they had ever shared.

It was a moment that they'd always imagined, and nothing could ruin it.

-----------------

"Auln! Focus!" Kelle exclaimed wearily, tired of her best friend's rambling.

"Fine, fine! I'm just trying to get your mind off the stress!"

"If by 'the stress' you mean 'wedding plans', then thanks, but I'll pass," Kelle responded, putting her head on the table tiredly.

"Kelle, you haven't slept since yesterday morning. And it's lunch time. I think you need some rest!" Kelle's mother, Harmony, cut in.

Kelle's eyes widened, and she had to refrain from screaming. "No! This is my wedding, and I have to plan it!"

"Hon, you don't. You relax, we'll take care of everything. You just have to look pretty. I'll call Mellie and Angie, and we can all help," Auln soothingly rubbed circles into Kelle's hand.

Kelle's anger soon disappeared, and she left her wedding in the hands of the women she trusted the most.

-----------------

It was the day of the wedding, and Kelle was having mixed feelings. What if she tripped? What if she messed her speech? What if this was all a big joke?

Kelle was on the verge of passing out. She unconsciously placed a hand on her sister's shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Mellie asked Kelle, looking worried. She immediately removed her hand from Mellie's shoulder.

"Nothing, I'm just anxious," Kelle said, looking close to tears. Mellie hugged her, trying not to ruin the dress.

"It will be fine. There's nothing to worry about."

And, it turned out, Mellie's words were true.

----------------

"Parker. Parker! PARKER!" Kelle called from the bathroom, freaking out.

Concerned for his wife, Parker bolted towards the master restroom. There she was, sitting on the edge of the bath. She was holding a white, plastic stick on her hand.

"What's that? What happened?" Parker asked. Kelle looked at him like he was an idiot.

"Are you daft? This is a pregnancy test!" Kelle nearly shouted. The force of her words knocked the air out of him.

"...Oh."

"Yeah. And guess what? I'm gonna have a child," she said, half-heartedly fist-pumping the air. Parker grinned, and went to hug her, but he noticed her sour mood.

"Why so blue?"

"I don't know if I'm ready to be a mother."

It was Parker's turn to stare at her with a weird expression. "Let me see. You make Mellie's children look at you like you're an angel- which you are- and you're a teacher. Why wouldn't you be a mom?"

"I guess you're right. I'm just being stupid."

"Listen. You'll never be judged or thought of as an idiot by me. Because you aren't. You're just paranoid, and I understand that," Parker said softly, looking at her adoringly.

It was something about that look that always made Kelle melt.

------------------

Kelle and Parker looked at their beautiful baby boy, and they knew that they had made the right choice.

"How about... Johnathan?" they said at the same time, and then laughed.

"Johnathan it is. Nathan, for short. John's too mainstream," Parker chuckled, causing Kelle to giggle softly.

"Let's see. Johnathan Fred Olland. Do you like it?"

"I love it, as much as I love you," Parker answered cheesily.

"Wow."

"Hey, you know what I saw in your eyes the first time we met?" Parker asked suddenly.

"What did you see?"

"I saw us."