chapter 2

"Deaton!" Scott shouted as he, Lydia and Kira crashed into the animal clinic. Deaton came out of a back room and took one look at them all, the girls had tear marks on their faces and Scott looked crushed.

"What happened?"

Scott leant against the steel table and explained,

"We-we went to Eichen House to visit someone called Dr Valak, uh- there was mountain ash, so-so me and Kira couldn't go in, so Lydia and S-Stiles" his voice faltered but Scott just cleared his throat " so Lydia and Stiles went in alone, they talked to Valak and he told them what the book meant"

"Well that's good isn't it?" Deaton asked confused.

Scott shook his head "uh- at one point, Kira started shooting lightning everywhere and as it turns out it cut off the electricity and therefore the defences, and-and the Dread Doctors came in, I couldn't stop them"

Kira came up behind him and hugged his shoulders, trying to comfort him.

"I got me and Kira out of there, and- uh we saw Lydia come running out soon after, but-but Stiles- he- I" Scott cleared his throat again "Lydia says that the Dread Doctors cornered her and Stiles, they um. They let her go but-" Scott couldn't continue.

Deaton got it "but they didn't let Stiles go"

Scott shook his head "Look Deaton, I - we" he added as Lydia glared at him "we need to get Stiles back"

Deaton nodded "we do, but unfortunately we have no idea where they could have took Stiles, Scott I hate to say it, but we're not going to be able to get Stiles back until we have more information"

Scott growled "but we have no idea how long we will have until either, the Dread Doctors get bored of Stiles and k-kill him or t-turn him into a Chimera or something"

Scott finally looked up from where he had been staring at the table like he could set it on fire, and there were tears in his eyes,

"I can't loose my best friend too"

()()()()()()()()()()()()

Stiles came back into consciousness slowly, he was laying on dirty concrete in a room that was being bathed in green light, Stiles sat up and looked around, his eyes couldn't focus so he had to blink fast to be able to see what was in front of him.

Now that he could see he observed the room, it was silent, broken only by the, drip drip drip of water from somewhere, it was large and open with only a few walls obscuring other rooms, the green light was coming from a giant test tube like thing that had a shadowed body floating in it.

The Dread Doctors were nowhere in sight, so Stiles could breath a bit easier, he also noticed that he wasn't tied to anything which was weird in a kidnapping, maybe the Dread Doctors were sure that he wouldn't be able to escape.

Stiles stood up and checked his pockets, then gave up as he remembered that the orderly had taken his valuables, he ran a hand through his hair and don't over his face,

"Fuck balls"

Then a door opened in the direction of the giant test tube, Stiles backed up towards a shelf and hid behind it just as some lights flickered on, they barely made a difference but it was enough for Stiles to see a figure descending some stairs.

The figure as that of a teenager, the teen looked around before chuckling,

"Come on out!" The voice was familiar but Stiles couldn't quite place it.

Stiles breathed in and out slowly and as quiet as possible, not wanting to give his position away to the boy looking for him.

"You know, I'm the one keeping the Doctors from making you into a Chimera" the voice chuckled "a person that not only came in contact but also survived a possession of a Nogitsune is very rare, especially a Nogitsune 1000 years old"

Stiles wondered how this person knew about the Nogitsune, he swallowed at the thought that this person might had been stalking him. But the thoughts were banished from his mind as the figure stepped out of the shadows.

He had brown spiked hair, blue eyes and wore a black hoodie and dark grey jeans.

"Theo" Stiles mouthed.

Theo pursed his lips,

"Huh. Well if you don't want to talk to me Stiles I'll go get the Doctors, let them talk to you, although their methods are.... More violent then mine"

Stiles shivered when he remembered that the Dread Doctors wanted to turn him into a Chimera, and he really didn't want that for himself.

"Why are you even stopping the Dread Doctors from making me into a Chimera? Isn't that what you want? More Chimera's?"

Theo smiled "I just wanted you off my back" he turned towards the shelf Stiles was behind "and anyway, your pack has figured out where we had the others transformed, we have to find another place to make more"

Theo came over and rounded the shelf to stand in front of Stiles who had backed up into a wall.

"Then why am I even here then?"

Theo smirked, rested a hand on Stiles' shoulder and pushed him harder into the wall then leaned in so his face was just inches from Stiles'.

"You're here because, not only are you a candidate for the Chimera project, but you, a human, managed to kill a part Wendigo, single handed"

Theo shook his head and squinted his eyes before he leaned back slightly,

"Anyway" he smiled "I'd better go" he brushed off imaginary dust from Stiles' shoulder "you just stay here, and-" Theo slammed Stiles back on the wall "don't touch anything, or I wont be able to protect you"

Theo stepped away and walked back to the door, when he left Stiles let out a shuddering breath and slid down the wall to sit on the grimy floor. He banged his head on the stone wall and closed his eyes, trying to stop the impending panic attack.