Elizabeth

If Mondays were awful, Tuesdays were a total nightmare. 

Elizabeth had tons of work to do and not enough time even to think. She held on to the fact that she would see Barry later, that thought gave her strenght as the day went by. She wasn't sure exactly why, because they had met just yesterday and only knew what Iris had told her about him. 

She hadn't thought about it at the lab, but this was the famous Barry, Iris' best friend and almost a brother to her.

Elizabeth stopped by Jitters to get a couple of lattes, on her way to CCPD. 

-So, you and Barry really hit it off yesterday, huh?-asked Iris with a big happy smile on her face.-A little bird told me you two couldn't keep your eyes off the other.

She stared, how could she had known?

-Joe.-she breathed, understanding it all. Iris took this as a confirmation and started to give small jumps, lifting her fists in the air as if Elizabeth had won a race.-Iris please calm down, I've only just met him yesterday.

-Well, miss PhD, I don't see you denying it so I'll believe it's true. I'm so glad you like each other, he's so sweet and smart, just like you.

-Iris...-When it came to getting people together, this girl was an unstoppable force of nature.

-You are blushing Liz. And you have asked for two lattes to go. I wonder where you are headed.-she said with a naughty smile now.

-Could you please...stop jumping into conclusions?

-What, it's not Barry who you are seeing now? Is it that college guy? Cause he wasn't as pleasant as he looked...

-No, Iris, that ended long ago, he was a total jerk.

-If only I had known before, I would've introduced you and Barry sooner.-she sighed.

-Okay, stop. Yes, I'm on my way to see him but please, just...just...-she began to stammer as the waitress handled the two drinks.

-Go. We don't want to keep Barry waiting, do we?

She took the lattes and took her tongue out at Iris, like a little girl. The other was still laughing when she left the coffee shop.

At the police department she bumped into Detective West.

-Joe!

-Hey, Lizzie!-he greeted with a kind smile. She looked at him, suspicious. That hidious nickname.

-Lizzie?? Why...? Barry Allen.-She said his name as if swearing.

-Barry told us you liked that nick, so...

-No.- She cut him, no sign of amusement on her face. Why was everyone talking about her behind her back?- I hate it, actually.

-Oh, sorry, I thought he was telling the truth yesterday when he told me.

-Yeah, right. 

- Come on, don't be mad at me. Can I call you Liz, like Iris does?

She could not be angry at him with that sad puppy face he was throwing at her. She sighed.

-Fine. But then I want permission to torture Allen for this.

Joe laughed and put his hand on her shoulder with familiarity.

-Permission granted.-Then he saw her lattes and his smile weakened.-Hey, umm, if you were looking for Barry, he's not here.

-Oh...

-Yes, no one knows yet but he left late at night yesterday, headed to Starling City. Don't worry, he will be here tomorrow, he just went there...on duty.

-I thought it was out of your jurisdiction.-she spoke, visibly disappointed with the news.

-Well, yeah but he likes his job so much...-Joe changed subject to keep Barry away from trouble. Truth was, he had gone to Starling City without authorisation.-He left me the results of the evidence. It's in my office.

So she took the papers and went straight home. She told herself to relax, it was not a big deal. They were still going to go to the particle accelerator event tomorrow. That, if he came from Starling City on time.

Besides, she had her own concerns about what S.T.A.R. labs was about to launch. Something that concerned her and her secret.

Elizabeth found out about her abilities when she was five. Her parents saw it, she was having a bath and water moved , creating forms in the air at her command. Then she could make the fire from the fireplace move away and fly over the living room. Created small gusts of wind and could make the earth move torwards her tiny hands. 

They didn't know what to do. What would a doctor say? They would ran a million tests on her, and that if they were lucky. 

What if the doctors called the government? The army? What if their beautiful daughter ended up in a mental institution? Just for having a gift. An amazing gift. 

So they decided to keep it a secret, taught her how important it was. No one should ever know about it, and she should be most careful not to let anyone show. Not to use her powers for any reason. To keep them from others, until she knew better about them.

Therefore, she spend her life studying all there was about those things she could control more than anyone. Geology, climatology, the weather. But none of what she had learned could explain it. 

Why. Why she had this powers. Why her.

She hoped with all her heart that the particle accelerator could provide the answer to all of those questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello people! Starting to know more about this girl, hmm, how much mistery, right?

Remember to let me know if there's anything wrong about the grammar or the spelling, please, cause I want to learn :)

Hope you enjoy and comment!

Flor Sheppard.