Part 2 - Peter does some serious thinking

Well one things for sure, Deadpool was right. Peter never once thought about the fanfiction Deadpool was reading earlier. Oh no. As the boy shed the costume for some looser fitting, more conventional clothing, he could only think about that kiss. How he reacted, how Deadpool would act from now on, how he enjoyed it... 'Nope. Let's not think about that.' He told himself but he couldn't hide the fact that he was worried. Worried about their kind of, sort of, friendship. Worried about how Deadpool felt about him. Worried that it was just a joke. 'Stop,' he thought frantically, 'we don't even know each other's secret identities.' Although that was probably the only thing he didn't know about Deadpool. He'd even been told the infamous origin story. The real one. The one nobody knew but the two of them. It was obvious Deadpool trusted Spiderman. The man told Spidey about his daughter. His favourite film. How him and his daughter both have the same taste in music. How she has his nose.

Peter had told deadpool stuff too. About Gwen and Uncle Ben. His origin. His family. Even little things like what he was studying at school came out. It wasn't just that he had told him though. It was that Deadpool had listened. It was that when he talked, Deadpool gave him that look like everything he was saying was so important. Maybe that won't happen again...

No. Peter could not just leave it like that. They were friends. Deadpool was the probably the only and best friend Peter had right now. Especially seen as Harry was too wrapped up in his new girlfriend, Mary Jane or whatever, to even bother to talk to him. And, perhaps they could become more than friends... Peter knew that he'd been getting closer to the merc. From annoyance to occasional work buddy. From occasional work buddy to friend. From friend to what? Boyfriend? The idea was strange but oddly inviting in Peter's mind. He couldn't though right? Peter shook his head 'It doesn't matter anyway because the kiss was only a joke. He doesn't actually like me.' He told himself. He flopped down onto his bed, burying his face it the pillow, and groaned. Pulling himself up, he grabbed his phone to check the time. Turning it on, he was met by his previous texts to Deadpool. Some idiotic, brave, stupid and brilliant side of himself decided it was a good idea to send him a text; and so he did.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: I know this one was short but I really wanted this one to be separate from the next. This one crammed in a lot of exposition so I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Also, until they find out each other's secret identities, they will be called their superhero/antihero name when the narrator is with the other main character and when both are together. That probably sounds a bit confusing but it probably won't last too long so yeah. It's why I never once said Peter or Wade in the last chapter. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it. Hodgia. X