6

The two didn't realize when they had fallen asleep, but they did. With Harry's head rested on Ivory's stomach, and Ivory's hand rested in his hair, they were both in a blissful sleep. Not because their sleeping was peaceful, but rather because they thought that the other's presence was blissful.

In his sleep, Harry moved his hand. It accidentally whacked his cane, knocking it down. He groaned at the sound but continued sleeping. The cane fell, but it wasn't the only thing that fell. The handle got stuck in a wire, as both the cane and life-support string fell to the floor.

Harry was awakened from his sleep as the surface beneath his cheek was moving up and down at a very fast pace. He lifted his head and soon, he realised that there was ragged breathing.

"I-Ivory?" Harry spoke, immediately panicking. "I-Ivory, are you alright?!"

The short pants of breath continued and he heard a choke as he stood up.

"Doctor! Nurse! Someone help!" Harry yelled, trying to find his cane. He felt around for his cane and found nothing but air. Harry fell to the floor and felt around for his cane once again.

His hand grasped the familiar handle of his cane, along with a wire. The realisation set into Harry very eerily as he started to panic even more.

The doctor and nurses burst into the room at the same time and he started crying once again. Everything was a blur as he was escorted out of the room. He heard panicked yelling and Harry felt his heart being ripped apart tortuously, piece by piece.

There was deathly silence after a while and Harry flinched when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Harry," the doctor whispered with a pitiful expression.