It's been a long time

You stood there, speechless. You couldn't believe it. There he was. Alive and well. You stood silently as he stood before his father. His father sat the throne in full armor.
Loki would glance at you on occasion. You could see the sorrow in his eyes. You didn't know whether to be mad or sad. Your pride wouldn't let your emotions show. You stood tall and proud in front of everyone, like the Queen he told you'd be one day. The way you felt inside was a different story. You felt small and insignificant. Like everything he had said was a lie. How could he do that? You were lost in thought as his father passed judgment on him. You watched as he was taken away.

You walked back to your bedchambers. The only thing on your mind was Loki. You hated that you felt this way, but you had to see him. Hear the words fall from his lips. You wanted to hear him say that he didn't love you. That he never did. Why you wanted to hear this? You didn't even know.
The question remained. How would you find a way to the dungeons without being seen....

It had been a little over a week before a perfect opportunity arose to visit him in his cell. You waited till the palace slept and donned a black cloak. You crept you way to the dungeons. The guard was fast asleep. You slipped past him, quietly trying to find his cell. He sat on his cot reading a book. He must of felt your presence cause his eyes darted up from the book. His expression was unreadable. He stood and slowly walked as close as he could to you.
"You shouldn't have come" Said Loki.
"Was I to sit in my room driving myself mad." You reply.
"No, I suppose not. So, why did you come? To sulk?" he says, eyes fixed on you.
"No, I came to see how you faired. I won't believe what they're saying of you" you say.
"Is it so hard to believe?" He spat.
"What is wrong with you? You act as if you've done nothing wrong. You speak to me as if I'm your enemy." You say, trying to keep your voice as low as you could. The anger now clearly visible on your face. He smiles at you. Amused by your anger.
"I don't know what you were expecting of me. Maybe an apology? To profess my love perhaps? Tell you I made some huge mistake?" He laughed.
"It's safe to say you never loved me is it not?"