Chapter 10

"Katerina Al Ghul," she said.

"Nyssa," Oliver breathed. She nodded towards him before continuing towards me.

"Are you ready to leave?" she asked, eyeing me up and down. I took in a deep breath and nodded.

"Katherine, where are you going?" Oliver asked again. I ignored him and followed Nyssa to the helicopter. "Nyssa! Release her!" he shouted.

"She has a duty to fulfill!" Nyssa shouted back. Oliver stared at us in confusion. My duffle was placed next to me.

"As what?"

"As heir to the Demon," she replied before the helicopter lifted into the air. I stared at Oliver as we flew away. He was staring at us, his hands clenched in fists. "You have a duty to fulfill. Unfortunately your sister died along with your other three siblings," Nyssa explained. I nodded. She's trying to make me get over Oliver. To get him out of my mind.

"How do you know that she died?" I whispered. Nyssa stared straight ahead.

"I was on her emergency contact list. Central City Hospital had called to tell me she died after she slipped into a coma. How did she become comatose?" Nyssa asked.

"Lightning. A Particle Accelerator exploded, releasing unknown energies and theoretical matters into the air, creating a lightning bolt that struck her, killing her." Who called her to say that Clarity died? And why did I not ever see Nyssa on the contact list? Nyssa nodded and we fell back into silence. I pulled a picture of Team Arrow and Team Flash out of my pocket. We had taken the picture just recently. I stared at it before sighing and stuffing it in my pocket.

"Who was the man in the red suit? The one with the lightning bolt?" Nyssa asked, suddenly interested in my life. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Oh come on, Katerina. You're my sister. And my father isn't here so he can't call me out. Who was he?" She was smiling a little. All seriousness left her face. I shrugged.

"A friend. Known him since I was a little kid. He was friends with my sister. What about you? Any special person in your life?" She stared at me in shock. "I know about Sara, you know. I was friends with her. So, are you gonna answer?" I laughed lightly. She shook her head.

"No one. Not since Sara died. I can tell you love Oliver. How long have you two been together?" The question caught me off guard. How long? Never.

"Never, actually. He told me last night and then Ra's called. You guys have phones?" She shrugged.

"If needed. Go on."

"And then I learned that I had feelings for him, too."

"Had?"

"Not gonna see him again, right? Um...is it okay if I call someone real quick? It a friend who's like my sister. I need to let her know to take care of my...dog," I lied. She nodded and looked out the window. I grabbed my phone and dialed Clarity's number. It rang and rang, but led me straight to her voicemail.

"You've reached Clarity Parker. Sorry I can't get to the phone right now. Please leave your name, number, and a brief message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks and have a great day."

"Hey, Clar. Listen, I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do. But I have to do it to save them. If not, he'll kill them all. I'm so, so, so, so, so sorry. I hope you can forgive me. But always remember this: A man cannot live by two names. Bye, Clarity." I ended the call and threw my phone in the bag.

"Who is Clar?" Nyssa asked, her voice stern and loud. I forgot she was listening. I stayed silent and looked at my feet. "Katerina, is she still alive? Is our mother alive?" Nyssa yelled. I shook my head.