Part 26:

CREST FALLEN!

By: Aishwarya Ravi

Dedicated to Srishtiiiiiiiiiiiii :) Here you go, sisso.. Love you :)

Part 26:

Sanyukta never knew why was she there, it was hard to understand why she even wanted to offer him help at the first place. He was rude, arrogant and hard to her. Yet she wanted to be there, with him, even though he never needed her. At least he thought he didn't. She could see something in common. She could see through his eyes and recognize the pain he had within. After all, she wasn't a stranger to pain. In fact, pain loved her more than anyone ever could. She fell back in love in pain. She had started to live with it. Somehow she felt, Randhir and she were travelling on the same boat. Who else apart from her, can distinguish the anger that's put on one's face just to hide the fragile nature behind it. Randhir had put on that face today, she felt.. He was sitting in the right corner of the room, staring at the darkness surrounding him.

Sanyukta slowly made an attempt to get to him without disturbing him. He was too busy staring elsewhere that he didn't even realize she was there. Sanyukta gave one look at the crowd, who were now engrossed in their drinks. Randhir raised his hand to take the wine glass to his lips, but was interrupted by Sanyukta. She grabbed the glass from him and placed it aside. Randhir's anger had now reached its peaks. The fact that he wanted to forget his past, made him remember it more. He stood up, fuming in anger "What the hell do you want? Just get lost" he raged..

"I am already lost.. Nowhere to be seen.. Not visible to anyone.. I don't want to be visible either.. Being lost already, couldn't see you getting lost too.. Agar mein kuch madad kar saku toh?" she said, in a causal tone.

"I don't need your help.. Please go" Randhir lowered his voice and looked down. He doesn't use "Please" much but he couldn't face her anymore. Something in her, prevented him from being rude.

Sanyukta was adamant. She had made up her mind to help him, be it whatever way. Randhir reached for the wine glass but before he could pick it up, Sanyukta grabbed it and took a gulp of the wine. Much to Randhir's surprise, she picked up the whole bottle of wine, and emptied it in no time like a glass of milk. "Aise kya dekh rahe ho? I am not helping you..I am helping myself.." she said.. Randhir kept staring at her in shock. She was behaving very weird today. She casted a smile at him, the wine that went inside had started to function, it had occupied her brain and nerves. When he closed his eyes for a blink, she was there, but when he opened it back after finishing the blink. she was gone. She had managed to vanish herself within a blink second. Randhir looked for her all over, but she was nowhere to be found.

Randhir's eyes were fixed on a couple, who were standing at a distance and were about to go for a kiss. He could see someone standing right behind them. In a few seconds, he could clearly see who it was. The moment, that guy titled his head and pressed his lips on the girl's, someone pulled him back and presented him with a tight slap. The couple seemed stunned and so were the crowd. Randhir could not understand what was happening and kept staring at the proceedings. Sanyukta slapped the guy once again before he could even recover from the first slap and yelled at him.. "Why did you do that? Why did you do that to her?"

"Do what?" he seemed shocked. "Why did you go near her? Why did you try to kiss her? Is she your wife?" Sanyukta yelled again "Is she your girl friend???" The guy nodded in a No. before he could say that he was about to propose her after the kiss, Sanyukta screamed at the top of her voice "Aise kyun ho tum log?

Kyunnnnn??? Sab ek jaise hi hai.. Sirf shakal alag hai.. Mein tumhe nai chodungi.. Nai chodungiiii..." Sanyukta's eyes were red and it fumed with anger. All she could see was Arnav right infront of her. She stood there like a lifeless soul. She picked up a knife from the adjacent table and rushed towards him. The guy was startled. Randhir hurried upto her and grabbed the knife from her hands and held her tight by her waist. Sanyukta pleaded him to let go off her. He lifted her in his arms and took her away forcefully after apologizing to the crowds. He signalled them to carry on, as he took her away from them "I ll never forgive you.. Never ever.. You killed my trust.. My murdered my soul.. Youuuuu..." she kept hitting Randhir at his back, while yelling at the guy.

Randhir dropped her in a place, from where they wouldnt be visible to anyone. He couldnt risk, leaving her somewhere from she could spot the party place She seemed to had passed out. Randhir sat alongside her and listened to all her murmurs. . It was clearly evident, that she was under the control of wine. Though her mind was out of her control, her heart was completely under her control. "Arnav.. I trusted you.. I trusted you with my love.. Par tu ne.. Tu ne sab kuch khatam kar diyaa.." her hands were pointing now at Randhir, "Kyun kiya tu ne aisa? Mere aankhon ke samne kisi aur ladki ke saath.. You never loved me na? Never na? I was being a fool.. You were always clear in what you wanted. I was the fool..." she kept murmuring.. Randhir could finally connect the dots. He remembered the way she had screamed Arnav's name when she was locked up in the dark room by Randhir, the way she had hugged him in fear back in his apartment, the way she reacted today while seeing a couple getting intimate. She had her reasons. Randhir kept looking at her face, her eyes were still shut, her mouth was still murmuring something. She seemed so weak, but always pretended to be strong. He had thought that he was the most vulnerable person on earth, but it seemed he wasn't the only one. He had company and he had found the company.

Randhir took his hand above her forehead and slowly removed the hair locks, that were falling on her face. She seemed calm. Her face was calm. There existed a calmess around them. Their silent space got disturbed by a noise of the doors getting shut and the lights going off. Randhir at once, rushed to the main door of the terrace. By then, it was too late. People had already gotten back after locking the terrace. The party was over but the chief guests were still left over in the terrace. Randhir pushed his fingers into his pocket to grab his cellphone but he hadn't gotten it up to the terrace "Damnnnn!" he banged his fist on the door "Somebody there? We are stuck.. Please open the door.." he shouted.. He tried banging at the door for more than 5 minutes but there wasn't any response at the other end.

"You never loved me kya? Not even for a millisecond?" Randhir turned to look at the direction from where the voice emerged.. Sanyukta stood there, with tears occupying her eyes "No?" she pleaded..

Randhir stood there, stunned, thinking about the night he had to spend in the terrace with a totally lost Sanyukta. She kept weeping, his legs lost control and proceeded towards her..

TO BE CONTINUED...As promised I hereby update CF as well.. Hope you guys liked it. Kindly leave your precious comments. Love you All # Ash