"Sí papá." We continue eating in peace.

"Bambina, I want you to forget about the deals with the other countries."

"Che cosa?" How could he insist on this when he was the one the forced me to close the deals. "Papá, you asked me to close the deals. I have done that, and now I am almost finished. I cannot leave my work half done. What image would it portray for the Rossetti's?"

"Alexa. Don't worry. Your fratello, brother, will take care of closing the deals. I need you to work on a more intricate, 'deal.'" He emphasized the world deal in a different tone.

I then realized he wanted me to take care of the other part of the business. The part where our name had a huge part to play. The mafia.

"Alexa. The Dartañan's are trying to get on our good side. We, however, are going to make them benefit our pockets with an overseas trade." He smiled wickedly. "Like you, their capitano, is very, young. I expect you to get him on our side, with all decency, of course."

It was a new opportunity for me. This was the first time papá was allowing me to take charge of more serious business. "I will not let you down papá. When are we meeting?"

"Tomorrow. Now, I haven't read all their terms and agreements, but I expect you to do that. It will be an elegant brunch, so I suggest you wear something captivating."

"Sí papá." On my way out I dialed Toni's number. "Toni, we must go shopping."

************************************

"What do you think?" I asked looking myself in the mirror. After going shopping yesterday I bough several dresses, and underwear, that we both fell in love with, now I just had to choose which one I was to wear.

"Hmmm. I don't think black works for a brunch. Maybe something lighter."

"Your right." I stripped form the dress and admired my underwear in the mirror. "I should probably change it too, huh." I told Toni. My black lace panty was not going to look good as well as my very sheer bra. Toni had seen me naked before, actually I was his first and last kiss, we only got to second base before his disgust kicked in and my morals.

I took my bra off as well as my underwear and switched it for the same style, but in white. "Giuro, I swear you have the most beautiful breasts and a natiche, ass." He commented.

"Shut up, Toni. I doubt you would know that since I am the only woman you've seen." I smirked. "Now help me zip up my dress."

"Mio piacere." He smirked at me in the mirror and kissed my neck. Sometimes I had my doubts about Toni, but then again, we were best friends, and we were always flirting nonchalantly.

***********************************

"Buenos Dias señores." I greeted cordially as I entered the reserved area. The Dartañan's were from Spain, I really wanted to seal the deal, so I was being as polite as ever. I also noticed I was the only woman.

"Is Mr. Rossetti not coming?" An older man asked.

"Mr. Rossetti sent me, his executive in charge, to negotiate." I smiled tightly.

All the men except that grouchy old men were gawking at me. Again, Toni made a wise choice helping me chose this white, bellow the knee, silk dress and my blush pink heels.

I cleared my throat. "Caballeros, let's get straight to the point, I don't like delaying important things." I took a sip from my carbonated water. "May we see the contract."

"I'm sorry señorita, but our executive isn't here--" one of the gawking men spoke but was then rudely interrupted.

"Discúlpenme por la tardanza, se me cruzo el tren en el camino y ustedes ya saben como tardan los trenes de carga." "Pardon my delay, the train stopped me and you all know how long it takes for cargo trains to move." He said.

I turned to see who had rudely interrupted our brunch when I almost choked. It was the handsome man from the club. I would recognize his chiseled jaw, that fine nose and prominent high cheek bones. Not to mention his neatly tousled brown hair and those tantalizing light brown eyes that under the club atmosphere reflected the colors of the lights.

He saw my reaction and attractively smirked. "I am deeply sorry, Miss Rossetti." He inclined his head lightly. "I've brought the contract would you like to review it." His accent was there, but he spoke English fluently. It only made him more attractive.

"Yes, if you wouldn't mind." He handed me the documents and our fingers briefly touched and it sent sparks all through my arm. I shouldn't feel this way over him. It wasn't professional.

The documents were all in order once I signed, it they would transfer a large sum of money to our accounts, and if we bailed we would give them back their money plus half of our entire fortune and vice versa. Everything was written well and we needed the signatures of two witnesses. Everything seemed in order.

"Okay. Everything is in the right terms." I stayed setting the file on the table. I noticed there was a scrawny man with owl glasses in a chair sort of shaking. Qualunque, whatever.

The handsome man, I didn't even know his name, took out a pen from his suit and signed his name elaborately. Maximiliano Eros Dartañan. He handed me the pen and I signed on the next space, Alexandra Isis Rossetti de Luca. It was longer, but it opaqued his signature.

Their two witnesses signed and then the scrawny man stood. "By the power the law grants me, I declare you husband and wife." He took the folder, closed it and walked away without another word.

The words husband and wife resonated in my head, over and over and over again. What had I done. I just doomed myself.