"Lets talk at lunch"

"K"

Neil never skips school. Why would he do that for her?

*Neil's POV*

After I finished texting Drake, I had a bad feeling about lunch. I know he's my best friend and all, but the way he treats Catherine is just too much. Looking up, I see her doing another worksheet that was given to us. She looked so fragile and innocent. Her cuts and bruises were always visible, and that's why everyone always hated her. They thought she just wanted attention. No one comes to school looking beat up every day. They thought it was make-up. I didn't really know the truth, but since Michael said she was always a happy girl when they were kids, I couldn't understand her being how she was now. Now that he's back, maybe she'll change. But the way her parents were...I don't know. Maybe I should talk to her, get to know her more. Never hurts to try, right?

"Hey"

She looks up and sees me. Her face is dull and has little emotion. The only visible emotion she has is nervousness.

"Yes?" she whispered.

"Where were you yesterday?" I answered, speaking in the gentlest way I could. I didn't want to scare her.

"Why do you care? I don't want to be near you or Drake. Please leave me alone."

"Catherine, please. I'm not trying to hurt you..."

She doesn't respond, and just as I'm about to give up, I have a perfect thought.

"Michael is back."

She looks up at me with surprise.

"Michael?"

"Yea, the same Michael you used to play with"

She only froze. What did I do?

*Catherine's POV*

I froze when I heard his name. Michael. He was back? No, it can't be. He just left me there. I don't understand. How does Neil even know Michael? How does he know that we used to play together?!

"I don't understand, who....who is Michael."

"Michael Green, I know you know him." He responds.

I'm speechless. Ever since he left, my world had been a nightmare. It was because of him! I hated him! Yet...I couldn't blame him. He was my friend, my first crush, my first...kiss...

*Flashback*

It was another day at the park, under the tree we always met. The wooden bench. I had known Michael for about a year after trying to catch a butterfly while my brother was playing with his friends. I ran into the cutest boy, who looked about my age.

"Ow..."

"I'm so sorry! I didn't see you!"

He smiled and looked at me and smiled.

"Haha, it's ok. It's just dirt."

"Hi, I'm Catherine!"

"I'm Michael! Nice to meet you!"

He held out his little hand to shake my own. And I did. Ever since that day, we met every day at the park. Eventually, our new meeting spot was by this big oak tree that had a bench under it. One day, he asked me a question.

"Catherine, do you like me?"

"Of course I do! You're my bestest friend!"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!"

He gave me a little peck on the lips, and I knew I had blushed bright red. We held hands and it was perfect!

*End of Flashback*

It was perfect.... until the day he left me. Even though we were only five years old, I knew I loved him, but of course, the child version of love.

Anger suddenly flared inside of me and I picked up my stuff, forgetting Neil was even there, and walked out of class. I knew my teacher didn't care. I still had 30 minutes left of class until lunch. Finally deciding where to go, I head toward the back of the school where the courtyard was. I was a big patch of green with trees everywhere. No one was really into nature, so it became my hideout when the choir room was in use. I sat by a tree, still upset about the past. I knew I shouldn't have been upset, but what could I do?! I was stranded at the park for more than a day. If it weren't for Grace and Jerry, God bless their hearts, I would be dead. Because he never came back. And ...ugh, I can't put this on him.

I suddenly remember what Neil told me. He was back. 'What does he look like?' I wonder. Many questions come to my head and time must have flown by fast because the bell rang for lunch. You know what that means?

I walk to Kade's door and step inside.

"Hi Catherine! How was your day?" He gave me a big smirk.

I decided to just look at my phone and completely ignore him.

"Catherine, you can't ignore me forever. I am the one serving you lunch.

Fuck. I forgot about that. Maybe I can just skip. I do it all the time.

"Catherine. Look at me." He started to sound irritated.

Persistent, I continue looking at my phone. I fight back the smirk that I know is trying to break free. I hear an angry sigh coming from him, and look up. His arms are crossed and his face? Priceless!

"Yes?" I ask innocently.

"You really like to troll me, huh? Who saved your ass after school today?"

I completely forgot. Oh my god.

"I'm so sorry, Kade! Please, forgive me, I-I was just thinking about earlier in class and-"

"Hahahahahaha! Oh my god your face!"

THAT ARROGANT BASTARD.

"You're such a jerk! Why would you pull my leg like that!?"

"You wouldn't talk to me."

I wanted to wipe that huge grin off his face and shove it up his -

"What are you thinking? You look evil..." he said, interrupting my thoughts. I heard a chuckle from him and rolled my eyes.

"Can I have lunch now?" I was starting to get hungry. He hands me a paper bag with the smell of pasta. I LOVE PASTA!

"Enjoy! I'll be grading papers while you eat, but feel free to talk."

I nod and start digging in the bowl of deliciousness. I remember something from class suddenly.

"Kade?"

"What's up?"

"Earlier you said we were going to have a new student...what's his name?"

"I think it was...Matthew..? No...Morgan..? No...Oh! Michael! His name is Michael Green! Why do you ask?"

My jaw drops. He's going to be in my class.

Author's Note: Hi guys. Sorry about the chapter, I didn't feel very confident in it. Tell me what you think, vote, comment and share please :) Was it good, bad, so so? Also, who do you ship? Catherine and Neil? Catherine and Drake? Catherine and Kade? Or Catherine and Michael? Enjoy!