Family

A few minutes of driving we ended up at a cute house that was pretty big but not to big. Chris helped me get my bags and we walked inside to be greeted by a man maybe younger that Chris. "Hi you must be Megan" the guy said pulling me into a hug.
"Scott don't squeeze the kid to death" Chris said setting my bags on the floor.
"Sorry" Scott said still hugging me, "I'm Scott but you can call me Uncle Scott."
"Nice to meet you Uncle Scott" I said as he let me out of the bear hug. A women came walking in she was older than both Chris and Scott.
"Hi sweetie I'm Lisa but you can call me grandma" she said pulling me into a hug which was very warm and lovable. "Chris wouldn't stop talking about you yesterday."
"Oh really?" I asked looking over at Chris.
"Oh yes he couldn't be quiet" she said letting me out of the hug. I was so happy to actually have a family for once.
"Alright Megan I will show you to the guest room sense we will be leaving for New Mexico because I'll be shooting a film there" Chris said as I helped pick up the bags and carry them up to my room. The room was navy blue and had a white bed. It was really pretty.
"Thanks Chris" I said hugging him tightly.
"You're welcome kid" he said smiling, "now get ready cause dinner will be ready soon." He exited the room and closed the door behind him. I was so happy! I jumped onto the soft bed which felt like a marshmallow. I quickly got up and changed into a black tank top with a blue cardigan and black jeans with blue flat shoes. I pulled my hair up into a bun and exited the room looking for Chris or Scott. Or even my new Grandma. I walked down the stairs looking around the house. I found Scott sitting on the couch.
"Hey Uncle Scott" I said smiling as I entered the living room.
"Hey Megan" he said patting the seat next to him and I sat down.
"Do you know where Chris is?" I asked smiling.
"Oh your dad is in the kitchen helping your Grandma making dinner" Scott said. I felt wanted in this house and when Scott said my dad I just light up like a Christmas tree. I got off the couch and walked into the kitchen seeing Chris in jeans and a red plaid shirt.
"You look adorable" Lisa- I mean Grandma said smiling.
"Thank you Grandma" I said smiling as Chris turned around from the pot of what looked like to be pasta.
"Well look at you kiddo" Chris said crossing his arms.
"I can't believe this is my life right now" I said laughing as Grandma walked back over to the pot of pasta and Chris walked over to me.
"Believe it kid" Chris said pulling me into a warm hug. I don't want to let go. But I had to so he could finish dinner.
Later that night we are dinner and I got to meet Chris's two sisters and my grandfather which was pretty cool. I got to meet a few of my cousins. I had so much fun. I felt like I was at home. I walked back up stairs to the guest room and changed into sweat pants and took off the cardigan so I could wear the black tank top to bed. I took off the shoes and jumped into the soft bed burying myself under the soft covers. I closed my eyes but kept the closed as my bed room door opened. I heard foot steps walk over to my side of the bed and felt a soft kiss planted on my forehead. "Goodnight Megan" said Chris as he fixed the covers so the would be covering most of me.
"Goodnight dad" I whispered still with my eyes closed. I could feel Chris smiling as he turned off the lamp and exited the room. That night I fell asleep with a smile on my face.