The Jerk Actor & His Nerdy Apprentice [3]

Part Three

Kayla

Wednesday. The middle of the week, just taunting you that the first two dreadful days of the week had past.. But there were still two following until the weekend. Wednesday. This was the day that I had to escort Alexander and Melanie on a date. I hadn't met Melanie yet, but, I had a bad feeling. It was probably idiotic, but I still had a bad feeling, nonetheless.

I rolled my eyes to myself at my silliness, going and popping a couple chocolate chip waffles in the microwave for about forty-five seconds, since I had waken about fifteen minutes earlier than usual. 'Usual' being the last two days, basically. Once they were finished, I stuffed them down quickly, grabbing my Red Bull out of the fridge, and began heading out. Today was unusually warm, so I only had on a long-sleeved dark purple V-neck, grey skinny jeans, and my high-topped black converse. No need for a jacket.

As soon as I got in the car and started it, I turned the heater on low, and began backing out of the lot. Once I was able to, I turned on some music, and hit my palm against my circular steering wheel to each beat, singing to the words.. Off key.

When I got the Alexander's townhouse, he was already heading down. He had on a white V-neck, a thin grey and black scarf, black skinny jeans, a black beanie, and dark DCs. "Hey." He said as soon as he got in, as I turned my music down to background music. I responded with the same greeting. "Is this Greenday?" He asked, and I merely nodded. "What's up?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, turning a corner down a street, heading towards a Starbuck's, where we would pick up Melanie. I took a swig of my Red Bull.

He rolled his eyes. "You're obviously worried about something. What is it? Are you worried Melanie wont like you?" He asked in a playful tone. When I stayed silent, you could practically here a clicking sound of understanding vibrate from his brain. "Oh, that is it! Don't worry, she'll hate you."

"Well, that makes me feel a lot better." I spoke sarcastically.

"Chill, she hates everyone here. Apparently she was treated like royalty in Italy or wherever the crap she's from, I really couldn't care less." He sighed. "I really wish I didn't have to date her."

So I was right, they're dating for publicity. "Then why do you?"

"The directors say it works good to each of our careers. It's not like they're going to force us to marry, though, too many lovey-dovey scenes in public, and that's what the people are going to be thinking. But, thankfully, once she leaves, I'm free." He said this thankfully, as if a huge weight would be weighed off his shoulders.

I shook my head. "That's not right. If you like someone, you like them. No one can force you to like someone.. Not that I would know." I sneered to myself at my lack of romantic knowledge.

He looked at me inquisitively. "Have you never liked someone?"

"I mean.. I've had a couple of boyfriends, but they were never more than crushes." Shrugging, I continued. "I guess like, or love, or whatever, wasn't really meant for me. I enjoy romance novels and acting in romantic plays and stuff, it's fun to make believe, but I don't really believe in.. Being in love."

He nodded, unlike any other person, who would've lectured me about being such a pessimist. Honestly, I was pretty optimistic on life most of the time. Just catch me at the wrong time, though, and I'll song like the most pessimistic chick you've ever heard of.

Soon enough, we made it to Starbucks. A blonde girl with sky blue eyes and a fair complexion came and stood by the passenger's back door expectantly. Alexander rolled his eyes, getting out of the car, shutting the door behind him. He opened her door for her, which she got in quickly, shutting the door herself behind her. He clenched his fist, resisting from punching her face in, I bet. Alexander jogged to my back door, getting in, and shutting it quickly behind him.