Chapter 1: The Late Night Snack

It was around midnight and I couldn't help but watch as the group of men walked into the empty dinner. They all seemed to huddle around one man in the middle as they surveyed the area. Weird? They quickly chose a booth and a buff man snapped at me rudely.

"Hurry up lady, were starved here!" He slammed his hand on the table as I took my time grabbing my order sheet and menus.

Ugh I hate people like that! So damn rude and demanding. "Can I please take your order sir?"

              He huffed and after a minute spewing out a long list of orders, man they ordered enough food to feed an army! I quickly handed the order off and started on the drinks, that's when I saw his face or should I say eyes. I had just looked up to check on the group when I saw a pair of blue eyes staring me down. Wow! Was all I could think, I mean he was absolutely gorgeous, breathtaking almost. I took a deep breath pulling myself back into my task. How had i not noticed him? Wait ,what? Don't even think about it! There was no way someone like that would ever be interested in a bland girl like me! My plain brown eye's and pale skin were nothing compared to his blue eyes and perfectly tan skin, I mean sure I did have a little somethin somethin going on! But a man like that wants a model or the world's prettiest girl or something. OMG why am I even thinking about this? I quickly dropped off there drinks and ran to the back. My heart was pounding like crazy. Gesh women get ahold of yourself!

"Emma orders up" Ryan said popping the p as he had them all lined up.

"Ok" I sighed, I was going to have to go back there? Great, perfect! I quickly gave everyone their food, but as i was leaving I accidently knocked a glass off the table, I quickly caught it, 10 years of self defense classes really paid off! I set it back on the table as I heard all the men praising my skills.

"Wow that was good" the rude man said looking shocked.

"What can I say, ima ninja" I said sarcastically.

He just snorted "Ok"

"Hey i'm serious you better be careful or I might have to kick your ass" I was smiling at the large man now.

"I would love to see you try" He said as he looked me up and down.

"In your dreams big guy, only guys who can beat me even have a chance!" He smiled at the challenge.

"Oh really?" He reached out for me pulling me close "I bet I could."

"I bet you also think your pulling of that shirt but let's face it, you aren't" Gross! I quickly grabbed his hand, twisting it upward and thrusting it off of me. He instantly cried out, pulling away. "Hey I warned you!"

"Yes you did" Blue eyes said suddenly speaking up. He had a straight face as he continued to stare up at me. "Black belt?"

Wow how did he guess? "Yep. since I was twelve"

He nodded but looked like he wanted to ask why, "My parents were murdered in front of me and I couldn't do anything, I was powerless. Now I'm not."

They all looked shocked as I walked away. Wow, over share much? Why did I say that to him, I never talk about my past! Especially not to a bunch of strangers, he probably thinks I'm some kind of freak or something! Ugh I sighed as I sat down behind the counter waiting for them to wave me over again.

             After about twenty minutes of them talking to themselves I noticed something strange outside the dinner. A car with tinted windows circled over and over just watching. Strange, I stood up and told the cook to be careful, something was about to happen, now two cars were circling us. Shortly after two more cars joined them. I picked up my phone and call detective Mac and filled him in on the strange circulating cars. I could still remember the first time I had called him to tell him something was happening, they thought I was crazy and after it happened they thought I was apart of it. It didn't take long to realize I wasn't. Ever since my parent i had always wanted to be a police officer and had been learning everything i could since then. But for some reason i couldn't do it. I always froze when i went to take the test and ended up walking out every time!

I walked up to the large group turning my back to the cars, I needed to get them out of here now "I need you all to get up slowly and make your way to the back room for your own safety"

They all looked confused "Why?" the big man said standing up, defensively.

Bang.

             A gun went off causing one of the front windows to shatter. Every one but blue eye's stood up, moving closer and pulling guns out. What the hell is going on?? They started to fire back at the now parked cars in front of the dinner. That's when i noticed blue eye's. He had stood up and now looked frozen. His eye's were big as he looked terrified at the scene before him. I looked up as i heard the police sirens in the distance, that's when i saw it. A man was aiming straight for blue eye's, but he just stood there frozen in fear. Crap! I ran in front of him as the gun went off. Shit! I fell backwards onto him as he slide us both to the ground. His arms instantly wrapped around me pulling me closer.

"Oh my god your shot" he said putting pressure on the wound.

"No shit sherlock!" well atleast he was good for stopping the bleeding! God what the hell is wrong with me? Why did I do that? I looked up at the man's face, it was so close I could feel his breath. His eye's locked in mine "I swear if I die I'm coming back to haunt you, you butt face"

His eye's opened wide "Either way you have to stay with me you hear!" He suddenly had a different look in his eye's as they met mine. What a strange, strange man. First he is a sexy guy, then a coward, and now this, whatever this was. The sirens were much louder now.

"Be Careful what you wish for I may just hold you on that" I was becoming delirious from the blood lose now, I hoped. Why else would I say something cheesy like that? Huh! I started to drift off as he started mumbling something to me pulling me even closer.