Chapter One~Shopping With My Favourite Brother.

-Aurora's POV-

"Aurora Carina Black , don't tell me you're still in bed young lady? It's past midday." My mother called from the other side of the door to my room. "I was just reading mother. I'm all dressed and all." I answered her clearly. "I hope you have eaten today, we didn't see you at breakfast this morning." She nagged. I sighed. "Sirius brought me some food up mother." I informed her. My mother groaned in frustration. "Please come downstairs. I'd like to discuss something with you, in person." She said. I told her I would and after I popped a bookmark in my book, I obeyed. My mother stood in the kitchen with her hands on her hips, my eldest and favourite brother Sirius was looked amused in the corner. My father was reading the paper with my annoying little brother Regulus beside him. "What's on your mind?" I asked my mother. "Seeing as you've been accepted into Hogwarts, you need your things. I want to take you to go get your essentials today as you start in just two weeks time." My mother told me. "Mother, I'm grateful and happy that you want to take me, but please may Sirius do it instead?" I pleaded. Sirius smiled smugly to himself. "Honey, Sirius is a stupid boy. He's not sensible." She replied. "Momma, Sirius would never let any harm come to me. Please mother, please!" I insisted. "Fine. Whatever. Just don't feed all that Gryffindor stuff into her head. My baby is a Slytherin." She warned Sirius. He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Come on Aurora, let's go." Sirius sighed before grabbing my hand and the money that my mother practically threw at him. 

We caught a Muggle bus near to where the Leaky Cauldron was which was a direct link into Diagon Alley. I linked my arm with Sirius' as we arrived at Diagon Alley. I loved the atmosphere there. Sirius took me to get my school robes first. As I was being measured, Sirius turned to me curiously. "Why didn't you want our mother to take you here today? Why me instead?" He questioned with a confused expression. "I don't want to be forced to go to Knockturn Alley, I don't want to hear about her horrible hostile views about innocent people and you're my cool big brother, why wouldn't I ask you?" I answered him honestly. He grinned in agreement. "I'm so relieved you saw sense like me. Shame we can't say the same for Regulus. Mother and father have definitely manipulated him into their views." He admitted. After my robes were sorted, Sirius brought himself a broom as I got my books and equipment before he took me to get my first wand. 

"Ah, Miss and Mr. Black. Has been a year since you got your wand already, Mr. Black? Time really does fly by, now, Miss. Black, let's find you a perfect wand shall we?" Mr Ollivander asked. I nodded with excitement. I ruined his shop before actually finding the perfect wand. "Ten inches, Elm wood, core of Kneazle whiskers. This is your wand Miss. Black. Use it well." He announced proudly. I grinned and thanked him as Sirius handed over the money. "Right, cat, owl or toad?" Sirius questioned me. I thought about it. "Cat please Sirius, I'll just use the school owls." I requested politely. He nodded and led me to The Magical Menagerie pet store. Sirius bought me a white Turkish Angola cat with the brightest eyes. I named her Maya after the shade of blue that her eyes were. "Let's go get a drink before we go home." He suggested. I nodded and followed him into a small café. I couldn't stop staring at Maya, she was so cute. She was already purring at me from inside her cage. 

"Sirius, do you think I'll be put into Slytherin?" I inquired honestly as he sat down opposite me. He shook his head. "No, you're nothing like them. If I can get into Gryffindor, you can go anywhere." He smiled. "I'd like to be in Ravenclaw, that suits me as a person the most out of them all, I think." I admitted. Sirius laughed to himself. "Are you sure it's not because the colour matches your hair?" He teased. I'm a Metamorphmagus, which means I can change my appearance at will, unless I'm under stress. My hair has been bright blue for a while now, mainly because I really like it. "Partly, yes. No, but really, it's all about intelligence and individuality, I like that a lot about Ravenclaw." I answered him. He agreed with me. "Will mother disown me if I get into Ravenclaw and not Slytherin?" I asked. "She'll be angry because she's convinced you're like her. But she won't disown you... yet." He replied. "That's a shame. Maybe I'll date a muggle-born in the first week." I joked. Sirius laughed and shook his head. "I'm sure she'd be over the moon." Sirius said sarcastically. I laughed. I didn't want to go home. I loved being away from home with my brother.