Chapter 21

For about fifteen minutes we rode in a sleek black limousine, before boarding a helicopter. The whirring noise of the blades above my head were deafening. We ride in the helicopter for what feels like hours, eventually I fall asleep. Before I know it I am standing in front of Ethan and Steven. Both their faces are filled with anger and concern. "You liars!" I yell at them. Ethan flinches.

"It wasn't us, those guys, they aren't the protectors, they just want to be immune." Steven says calmly. I instantly believe them, for reasons I can not explain.  

"Listen Kelly," Ethan says. "You only have till 12 o'clock tomorrow night to get to us, any later and our leaders wont help you."

"Bu-" I start but Steven cuts me off.

"Instead of you coming to us, where coming to you." 

I look down at my feet. "How, how will you, you know, rescue me?"

Ethan almost laughs. I sounded like a complete idiot saying that. 

"We will use gases to knock them out, you'll probably fall asleep too."

" we might have to carry you out of there if that happens." Ethan adds with a smirk. 

I shoot him a glare. He holds up his hands and laughs. "When will you come?" I ask Steven. 

"probably around 11 in the morning" he says instantly. I nod. And with that, The bright lights appear, blurring my vision. "We will see you soon" Steven yells. 

"Okay!" I shout back. My eyes suddenly snap open. The helicopter has landed and there are people huddled around me.  "Um, hi" I say nervously. 

"Get up and follow us" a man I hadn't seen before snaps. I do as he say's. As I get up I realize my hands and tightly bound behind my back. 

"what's this for?" I ask nodding my head to the rope. I already know the answer and no one answers my question anyway. I sigh and follow them. 

We are in a desert, the sun glares down on us and the sand is hot under my bare feet. Bare feet? I look down . I am not wearing any shoes. "um, where are my sho-" I almost finish my sentence before a grey piece of cloth is wrapped securely around my mouth. "Mmm mmmm aaa mmmamaama!" I  try to talk but the material makes it impossible. No one even looks in my direction. That's when I notice where we are headed. A large silver building, entirely made from metal is standing about 400 meters away. I can't see any windows, it looks like a prison. 

When we finally reach the building, my feet feel like there on fire, and I can barley breathe from the cloth around my mouth. I hesitate in front of the door, only to be pushed inside. I expected it to be dark inside, but once the door slams shut behind me a realize the building is filled with blinding white light. Some one suddenly lifts me off my feet and carries me to a door. My whole body wants to thrash and scream but I don't, knowing even if I did get lose there would be no where to go. I turn my head to face the person carrying me. I almost pass out. I am in the arms of Tom Mathews. The boy I was dating the night of the party. The boy I knew even though she said she had, Courtney had never gotten over, The boy I instantly knew, I couldn't trust.