"How about you don't even text her at all?" Jay suggested with his eyes wide, like he was taunting me.

"I don't want her to worry

"I don't want her to worry. It's rude to not let her know, man." I made a face then looked at my phone.

"This is why I don't commit to a woman. No need to check in. The freedom to do what I want. When I want. But I can still get laid whenever I want." Jay held his arms out like he was king of the world.

Ryan & I laughed as we rolled our eyes. "And this my friend is why you will be alone for the rest of your life." Ryan said with his lower lip out, making me laugh & nod my head in agreement.

"Listen. I will settle down when I'm ready. I am young. I have plenty of time. Right now, I am having a ton of fun." Jay gave us an evil laugh as he turned to walk away. Ryan & I watched him as he headed to the weight benches. "So did you text her?" Jay yelled out as he laid on the bench & Ryan stood behind it to spot him.

I put my phone on the window ledge nearby. "I sent her a text & just told her I was going to grab some drinks with you & Ryan after we left the gym." I shrugged my shoulders then sat at a different machine & started using it, to work out my arms. I heard Jay make a whipping sound & saw Ryan smirk at me. Ryan suffered the same abuse not too long ago when he had gotten serious with Lisa. Jay liked to give us shit & both of us knew it. With me, though, I was his brother & I lived with him, so I had to suffer more than Ryan had to.

The three of us left the gym, later that afternoon, after working out & catching up with some of the other fighters

The three of us left the gym, later that afternoon, after working out & catching up with some of the other fighters. We headed to the Knock Out in Ryan's car, since he would probably be the one to drink the least. Ryan wasn't a big drinker because a few years earlier he got shit faced drunk & got into a bar fight, almost killing a guy. So now, he doesn't drink too much. A beer or two here & there, but nothing harder, usually. Especially when he was at a bar with strangers. At our house, among friends, it was different.

It was nice unwinding with my brother & Ryan, just talking about whatever we wanted & playing darts or pool. I hadn't been able to do this in months, since I had been training so vigorously for my big fight. Jay stopped picking on me about being pussy whipped, thank God. He, instead, made me & Ryan laugh until our sides hurt.