Chapter 4

At first,we got an owl or patronus every few days. Then it went to once a week. Eventually it dwindled down to spur-of-the-moment-who-knows-when. Sometimes,weeks passed in silence. It was two whole months before we saw him. He looked horrible;like the days back in 6th year when the Dark Lord made him a Death Eater.
"Draco! You look horrible!" I cried.

He collpased onto my bed and groaned in response."I've missed you."
"And I you."

He pulled his shirt off and laid down. He was clutching at his Dark Mark like he did in the old days.

"Its hurting again isn't it?"
"It burns like never before. My father must be trying to torture me."

Tears were in his eyes but he pushed them back. I laid down beside him and kissed his cheek. "I'm sorry."
"Its not your fault." He replied with a smile. "Besides,I'm liking this knight-in-shining-armor thing."

We kissed long and hard. He wrapped his long arms around me and pulled me to his bare chest. Then recoiled in pain. He clutched his arm again and bit his lip as hot tears came.
"You can't go on like this Draco! I won't allow you to suffer for me."
"I'll be fine. I just need some rest that's all."

He fell asleep almost instantly and snored all night long. In the morning he said he was much better but I didn't believe him. For two blissful nights thing were almost normal. Or at least as normal as it could be living in Harry Potters basement. I begged him to stay to forget about all this and just stay indefinitely but he refused. After his two days of rest he left again and we did not hear a single word for a week.

It was beginning to get difficult not knowing and depending on Harry and Ginny for everything.
"Its really no trouble." She would say. But I could tell it was. Her secret visits with Harry had ceased and I could tell how much it hurt her because I felt the same way without Draco. A month passed in silence. Then the unthinkable happened:we were betrayed.

I should have known from the beginning what aunt Sable was up to. I decided that her whiteness was a side effect of her pregnancy. Really,she was working for Lucius the whole time. So when she disappeared for just a few moments one afternoon,we were quickly surrounded by him and his cronies.

Draco was milliseconds behind him and was immediately at my side. Harry and Ginny soon followed.
"Well,well what a surprise. Not only did my son marry a filthy little mudblood but he decided to hide her and the rest of her disgusting family at The Chosen Ones home. Very smart Draco m'boy. You almost got away with it too if it wasn't for poor aunt Sable here." Lucius said.
"Get away from my house Malfoy!" Harry yelled. "This is private property and I forbid you to be here."
"And you even got him on your side. Very well done indeed,Draco. If only you had been that persuassive while the Dark Lord still lived then maybe we would not be in our current situation."
"Why can't you just leave us alone?" Draco pleaded. "Is this really worth killing innocent people over?! Please,father,give it up."
"Never."
"Have it your way then. Harry,stick to the plan."
"Right. Ginny,inside with the others. You know what to do." Harry said.

Draco grabbed my hand. I had not been informed of the plan and was scared what would happen. Then he spun on the spot and the world went black.