Chapter Three

(Idontwannabeyou - Billie Eilish)
Don't be that way
Fall apart twice a day
I just wish you could feel
what you say

Show, Never tell
But I know you too well
Kind of mood that you wish
you could sell

If teardrops could be bottled
There'd be swimming pools
filled by models
Told a tight dress is what makes you a whore

If "I love you" was a promise
Would you break it
If you're honest
Tell the mirror

What you know she's heard before
I don't wanna be you anymore

It's the next day now. Nobody can hear me, maybe just a faint noise in the background. I'm strumming my guitar. Tonight is definitely a boring night. I have nothing to do and nobody to talk to. My friends are all busy and I can take a break from learning how to be proper and how to deal with certain situations when I'm officially named Queen. My soft hum fills the room.

It's almost my birthday, and I plan on staying in my room for it. Maybe have a few friends who also wanna ditch over. That probably won't happen. I still have to hunt. And Sometimes, I get lost in thoughts, I cross a werewolf territory. You know how Werewolves and Vampires just absolutely despise each other-- It's like Twilight.

When that movie came out, we were horrified. Both werewolves and vampires. Why? Because, Vampires don't sparkle in the sunlight. We practically burn. At birth, you get a tattoo. If you dont get the tattoo, youre not a true, full blood vampire and it also means you won't die from sunlight. This tattoo protects you from the sun. It's not a full tattoo, more like a scar that's engraved into your skin the moment you're born.

Nobody can see it but other vampires. And werewolves aren't that big-- unless it's the alpha. If you have it, and you're not a vampire, you're in for a surprise. And if you have it and you're a hybrid.. wow. Enough talking about the damned movie Twilight. Werewolves and vampires hate each other. It's a natural instinct for them to hate each other.

We call the werewolves mutts, and they call us leeches. Hybrids, the rarest breed in all of the realms, are unclaimed. They live nowhere, but they're everywhere at the same time. There's only a few instances where you'll see a vampire and werewolf mate/beloved, even rarer to see them have a child. The parents are more likely to be killed off. But they still live among us. And some of them choose one creature over the other.

I put down my guitar, placing it on its stand gently. I put on an evening gown to impress my family for dinner. Dinner has always been treated as an event, almost. This was the one time of the day where everyone was together, not spread out across the castle. I make my way down to the dining room, where my family is already waiting. I sit down next to the second oldest. "Tonight, We will discuss the ball. It is, in fact, almost London's birthday. And the ball is a week long. Cheers, to London." My mother clinks a spoon against a glass and proposes a toast. Everyone smiles, and glasses make a clink sound around the room.

We sip our cups of plasma, each letting out a satisfied sigh. Then we begin our feast. "London's birthday is of course, a big one. That's why the ball is going to be so large and elegant. Every vampire of age will be there, and most other creatures," My father starts, cutting and chewing on his rare steak. Heads turn to look at him while he speaks. "Whether she finds her beloved or not, she will be named Queen soon after the ball. You've spent the entire millennium of your life preparing for this, haven't you dear?" He says, smiling warmly at me.

I nod, feeling a friendly, excited grin plastered on my face. My mother's face lights up with an idea. "Oh!" She exclaims, wiping her mouth gently to clean herself up. "We should make it a masquerade ball. To go with the theme of darker colors." She suggests. I like that idea, it gives a sense of mysteriousness to everything. "I wouldn't mind that one bit, my dear mother." I smile gently at her.

"Well, we just have to get the masks." My mother smiles. "Sometime within the week we'll all go into town to the shoppes so we can find masks. Me and your father will send out the invitations." She says diligently. We all nod in agreement and continue our dinner until we're excused.