"Hadley, we can work around this. We'll go to therapy and see what he says."

"I don't need someone to tell me that you have zero respect for me and what I want. What's done is done."

"This is far from done. You're carrying my child."

"And you'll see him or her whenever you want. I'd never keep them from you, but we're over. I hope fighting is worth it, I just don't see how it could be." I reply devastated by his actions.

"Please come to therapy with me tomorrow. It's right after your classes. I'll pick you up."

"I have your car. I'll drop it off and get my spare set of car keys. Then after therapy you can take me to get my car from campus and I'll follow you back to get some of my things." I say agreeing.

"You can't leave me."

"Yes, I can. The only reason I'm even agreeing to go to therapy is for us to be able to co-parent successfully."

"Please, come home. You don't have to see or talk to me, I just need to know you're here and safe."

I let out a sigh. I know I shouldn't give into him. But I can't stay with Alex in my dream house he made for me. It doesn't feel right.

"I'll come but don't try to say one word to me or touch me." I order adamantly.

"I won't." He agrees.

"I'll be back after I eat."

"Okay." He says sounding relieved.

I look out the window. "How long have we been stopped?" I ask.

"A couple of minutes. You're not staying, you're going back to him?" He asks not looking at me.

Dammit, why does everything I do have to hurt someone? "I need to see this through. It doesn't feel right being with you in my dream home while pregnant with Maddox's child. Although, I don't see Maddox and I working out, it's not fair to him. I need to think of my baby and that involves Maddox. We need to talk about things. I think the best way to do that is through therapy. It seems like the only time we can talk to each other honestly."

"I get it." He says opening his door.

I get out and we go into the pizzeria. We sit and an older man takes our drink order. We don't bother looking at the menu, we like the same thing.

"I made it worse, didn't I? Coming to see you." I say sadly.

"No, actually, I feel better than I have in weeks." He answers smiling.

"Really?" I ask apprehensive he's telling the truth.

"Really. So do you think you could come to my game Saturday?" He asks hopefully. "I'll get tickets for you and Chris."

"Yeah, that sounds like fun actually." I agree grinning; it will help keep my mind off Maddox. I'm going to need my friends around me.

"Good. I'll talk to Chris after we get back." He offers finally looking like happy Alex. "How's my biggest fan? Should I get him a ticket, too?" He asks.

"No, Tyler and I stopped taking actually."

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. I watch as Tyler comes inside with a pretty strawberry blonde on his arm. They are laughing about something. He looks happy, I smile. I was wrong, Alex was the one who was crushed. Tyler was the one who could move on. I miss him. I do. But I've never been happier that we didn't take our relationship any further.

I look back at Alex and his eyes are asking questions his mouth won't let him ask. "He wanted me to choose him over Maddox. He didn't take it well when I chose and ended our friendship."