"We're going in the gyrospheres?" He asked excitedly. "This is so cool!"

They still had to wait in line for a little while in order to get a four-seater gyrosphere, instead of the typical two-seaters. They weren't a family of four, but it was close enough. Zach entertained himself by looking at a few of the girls who were in line, while Gray continued his ramblings about dinosaur facts.

"Did you know the soft tissue is preserved because the iron in the dinosaur's blood generates free radicals, and those are highly reactive. So, the proteins and the cell membranes get all mixed up, and—and uh—act as a natural preservative. DNA can survive for a millennia that way."

Elliot had to admit, he was a pretty smart kid.

When Gray realized that Zach was ignoring him in favor of flirting with a few of the random girls in line, he rolled his eyes. "What do you think's gonna happen from you just staring at them?" He asked. The girls laughed and climbed into the gyrosphere ride.

Zach glared at Gray. "Thanks, man."

Gray just grinned. "You're welcome."

Elliot snorted, ducking her head as Zach shot her a glare.

Finally, a few moments later, a four-seat gyrosphere came rolling to a stop in front of them. Elliot climbed in first, getting in the back row, followed by Zach and then Gray in the front. They buckled themselves in and went rolling out into the valley while a safety briefing from Jimmy Fallon played in the background.

So far, they hadn't seen any dinosaurs, and although it had only been about three minutes, they were all getting a little bit impatient. "Where are they?" Zach asked as he steered the gyrosphere further into the valley.

Gray craned his neck, trying to get a better look at the valley. Elliot was also glancing around. "I'm sure they're around here somewhere," She said. "Here, head that way—there's a clearing."

Zach followed her instructions and in an instant, they were surrounded by dozens of fully grown dinosaurs. brachiosauruses, triceratopses, and stegosauruses were just some of the few that were out and about with them.

"Whoa!" Gray exclaimed as they moved along with the dinosaurs.

Even Zach looked mesmerized by the view. Elliot leaned forward in her seat and grinned. "Glad you came now?" She asked him.

He glanced back at her and rolled his eyes, but for once, with fondness and not annoyance. "Shut up, dinosaur girl," He said.

Elliot couldn't help but let out a laugh. "Did—did you just call me 'dinosaur girl'?" She asked, wiping tears away from her eyes.

Zach paused. "Yeah—it, uh, seemed funnier at the time."

"What are you talking about?" Elliot deadpanned. "That was the funniest thing I've ever heard."

"If you weren't in the backseat, I would so punch you in the arm right now," Zach sighed.

"I knew it—I knew you liked dinosaurs." Elliot said triumphantly. "I knew Gray wasn't the only nerd in your family. No offense, Gray."

Gray smiled brightly. "I like being called a nerd!"

"Of course you do." Zach sighed. "Come on, let's get a closer look—"

An automated voice came through the speakers asking them to return to the entrance of the ride, as it was closing for the rest of the day due to technical difficulties. Elliot raised an eyebrow. "That's weird..."

Zach glanced over at Gray, who looked pretty bummed out. He nudged his brother's arm. "Hey, come on, we can stay out a little while longer," He said.

"But they said it was closed," Gray said.