Her.....{pt2}

Richard Michaelis P.O.V* January 5,1966*

      I headed to the bathroom that was located in the master bedroom. I turned the shower to a warm setting, undressed, then stepped in the shower. I grabbed the bar of lavender soap and started to lather my entire body in it. I always like using this soap because it smelled of Laura. I rinsed off, stepped out of the shower, and dried myself off with the neatly folded white towel that was hanging on the towel rack to the left of the shower. After I was finished, I got dressed in a white V-neck with white and blue striped pajama pants,and fluffy white slippers.I glanced at the mirror; starring for what seemed like hours. Doing what exactly? Thinking.....Just thinking.....Why? Why did such a gorgeous woman like Laura Rose{originally her last name, now Michaelis} would love a run-down middle-aged man like me, Richard Michaelis.

       "Honey, are you okay in there? You have been in there for quite some time now?" she asked through the door,worry laced through her sweet, innocent  voice. I never liked to make her worry. I open the door with a reassuring smile."yes, my dear, I lost track of time. I'm sorry to make you worry. I said a little hurt that I made her worry like that, dropping my head. Laura places her hands on my cheeks beckoning  me to look up. " you didn't, I was just hoping you weren't to interested in that book to the point that you forgot to eat." She says with a small smile. I giver her a small chuckle." It is a good book." i say"Im glad to hear that." She said widening her smile." Now come on, you better eat before your dinner gets cold." She says grabbing my hand and leading me to the dining room. I happily sit down at my usual seat at the head of the at table while Laura sits across from me.

       Once we are seated we say our grace, and eat our pastries in peace; occasionally taking a sip of coffee every now and then."how delicious! You are such an amazing cook." I say with delight while finishing my last sip of coffee, then washed the last bit of dishes. She looks and gives me one of her genuine smiles. I always loved being the reason she smiled. "Thank you.I knew it would please you." she said victoriously. I chuckled. " Dear, just having you by my side pleases me." I said smiling,as she smiled, pleased with my answers. " I'm going to head off to bed early tonight. Going hunting, and not catching anything, can be quite tiring. I said yawning, making her giggle. "okay sweetie, goodnight." She said still giggling. "Goodnight." I said walking over to her and placing a light peck on her cheek. " I love you." I said walking to the master bedroom. " I love you too." She said lovingly. I walk into the bedroom, take off my fluffy white slippers, get under the red comforter and drift off to sleep.