"Everyone will be friendly. They're all afraid if they're not another incident will happen," Niall looks over at Harry as he says this and Harry grits his teeth.

"Everyone will be friendly because we're nice people. The town asshole is Niall," Harry quips back and Niall smirks.

"I thought I was the compulsive liar?"

"You're both. Congrats on being a huge twat," Harry says through clenched teeth. Liam looks between the two and before anyone else can say anything someone else joins the group.

"Morning, Harry... What's wrong?" Louis frowns when he sees Harry's angry face and turns to look at the two boys accusingly.

"Nothing. This is Liam and Niall. I'm going to my locker," Harry slithers from the group and speed walks away from Niall's loud voice. That boy has something against Harry and Harry can never tell what it is. He makes it to his locker and relief fills him when he sees Zayn.

"Niall is a fucking twat and I don't care if you like him he's not coming near us today," Harry informs him and Zayn just looks at him with wide sleepy eyes.

"Alright. I sense some harsh vibes so I'll just agree," Zayn speaks and Harry nods before slamming his locker and rushing to class.

•••

"Can I rant?" Harry asks first thing when he enters Beth's office. She turns to him and nods her head. Her eyes watch Harry as he throws down his bag and starts to pace.

"There's this boy and he just came back from boarding school and even when we were younger he'd pick at me. He's friends with Zayn so of course I have to see him and he just goes out of his way to be a complete ass. Example; when we were younger I told him I was scared of clowns. What does he do? Wakes me up in the middle of the night at a sleepover with a clown mask on and me being me I pee myself. He told everyone. Now it's Chad. Chad this, Chad that and of course it's always the shooting and guns. I hate him," Harry finished and Beth just stares at him calmly before gesturing for him to sit.

"I can see how that'd be hard on you. Why does Zayn still hang out with him if he's mean to you?" She asks and Harry sighs and runs his hands through his hair.

"Apparently he had a rough time. I don't understand or something. They're close," Harry explains and she nods.

"It's still not okay."

"I know, but he's back and I can't change that," Harry admits in defeat and she shrugs.

"Change the way he treats you. Talk to him. Let's make things happier though, how's Louis?" She questions and Harry smiles automatically.

"He's great. We're getting really close," Harry tells her.

"Tell me everything," she grins."

•••

"What did Niall do to you? I could rough him up a bit," Louis offers that night. He's painting a black rose with it's petals falling off and Harry just leans against the wall and watches him.

"He just brings up that Tuesday a lot. He's always loved teasing me," Harry whispers.

"Like the time he made you pee!" Louis recalls and Harry blushes and hides his face.

"I'm terrified of clowns! Of course I peed when he jolts me awake with that mask on!" Harry defends himself and Louis is now fully paying attention to him.

"Don't be embarrassed. It's a normal reaction when scared. I can seriously talk to him," Louis offers again and Harry just shakes his head and looks up at the sky.

"I don't want him to say something that might trigger you. He has no filter."

"It's his ADHD. He doesn't think before he speaks or does anything. He's impulsive," Louis supplies and Harry shrugs.

"He's an ass. I wish he was still away."

Louis doesn't speak after that and continues to paint. Underneath the dying black rose he writes "love kills" which suits Harry's life situation at the moment. Harry's half asleep as he watches Louis add the finishing touches and jumps when he feels something lie on top of him. It's Louis' sweater and the boy just smiles at him.

"Continue your nap. I'm almost done," he whispers. Harry just nods and Louis wakes him when everything is done. They both pick up everything and slowly walk back to their neighbourhoods. Louis looks tired and Harry doesn't want him walking home alone.

"Stay the night at mine. Your house is a far walk," Harry speaks up and Louis gently nods as he follows Harry up to his house and then into his room. Louis throws his bag on the ground and slips off his shoes before crawling into Harry's bed and Harry takes off his shirt before joining him. He cuddles back into the boy and sighs in contentment when he feels Louis' arms around him.

When he wakes up the next day he forgets everything and in a sleepy haze turns and kisses the person holding him. He can just imagine Chad staying the night with him and it warms him up.

"Morning, Chad," Harry mumbles with his eyes still closed and he only opens them when he feels the person tense. He opens his eyes to Louis and curses as the boy sits up and scrambles from his bed. "Shit. I'm sorry, Lou, I was half asleep-"

"It's fine. Forget it. I need to be home. Mom will be worried," Louis chokes out. He practically runs from his room and Harry feels this heavy weight of guilt eat at his chest. He also feels this disappointment that he woke up to Louis and not the other. He wishes that feeling would go away.